Just moved to Highton

pbishop

We've just moved to Highton after 4 years of hopping around various addresses in Melbourne. Haven't been on here for a while, but wondered if any of our new neighbours are on here, and if anyone's got any friendly advice for settling into the area.

So far, we love the place. We moved from Williamstown (which is hard to beat). Loved the area, but we were renting, and couldn't afford to buy anywhere decent there.

Love being near the surf beaches here, and have already discovered little creatures, and the walks down by the river around queens park , and Buckley falls.

My daughter is going to Belmont high, and has settled in well.

Its almost 4 years since we moved from the UK, and this is our 4th move. Hopefully, this will be the last one for a while at least.

• 1 month later...

I'm in Geelong with the other half.

Moved over from Surrey in January 2014.

Highton is nice, we where going to move there, but stayed near the town centre.

There is quite a bit to do, been doing body boarding and so on on most weekends where possible.

Great ocean road as you know is a good drive :)

Excellent pizza place called Town and Country.

Not too much happening around here, but we do like it.

Did look at williamstown too, but decided to stay down this bit.

Weather isn't the warmest right now, thought our house was going to fly off yesterday.

Hope you are settling in well,

Cava

my girlfriend is teaching in Highton.. We live in rippleside as i unfortuantly have to commute to Melbourne for work.. I really like Geelong would love a job here, came second at one job interview and first in another (then they decided to appoint no one)..

Rippleside is another of the locations we where looking at.

It's great as you can literally walk down (depending how far) with your paddle board/canoe :)

Carry on trying in Geelong, I am sure you will find something. Are you commuting via train? The drive is horrendous :S