Quick question about medicals ENS 186

ellis

Hi guys :biggrin:

Just a quick one...

Do you advise completing our medicals and sending it with our application, or rather waiting for a CO to request one after lodgement?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Tickled Pink :-)

There is a 4 week waiting list for the doctor that does the medicals where I live. We've got one booked for Early June.

I will send it all through together as we should receive our UK police checks be then hopefully.

How long are the visa's you have applied for taking to grant? It used to be (not sure if it still is) that the date of the earliest PC or Medical is used when determining the validation by date (not the date of grant). This can cause problems for some people giving a very shortened validation date.

e.g. PC date 6th June, Medicals, 6th July - Visa grant October 7th .... you will find you need to validate by June 6th the following year - theoretically giving you an 8 month validation window and not 12.

HI Ali

We are applying for the ENS 186 and fall under priority group 2 with a 6 month processing time as per the IMMI website.

Having said that, there are mixed time frames on forums about how long it's actually taking, with some being granted in 2 months and others around the 6 month mark.

Mine took 3 months from start to grant. If you are onshore you don't actually send your medicals, but tick a box when you load up your application to say they are done. We attached a scanned copy of the receipt from the clinic as an extra - this had the date of the appointment on it, along with the details of which centre we attended. The CO accessed all our results online.

The clinic sends you all the hard copies through the post, but these were not requested. However, don't open these until after your visa has been granted as if there is a problem with online access you will need to send them and they won't accept them if they have been tampered with and the seal broken.

The police certs can also be colour scanned and uploaded electronically. you can keep hold of the hard copy.

Wow that was quick!:biggrin:

I'm hoping that our wont take a long time.

We were a very straight forward case, with an employer who was very used to going through the process, so there was no requests for further info or anything. The CO had everything needed there ready to make a decision. We had Christmas and New Year in there too, so likely would have been quicker than that otherwise.

Mine took 3 months from start to grant. If you are onshore you don't actually send your medicals, but tick a box when you load up your application to say they are done. We attached a scanned copy of the receipt from the clinic as an extra - this had the date of the appointment on it, along with the details of which centre we attended. The CO accessed all our results online.

The clinic sends you all the hard copies through the post, but these were not requested. However, don't open these until after your visa has been granted as if there is a problem with online access you will need to send them and they won't accept them if they have been tampered with and the seal broken.

The police certs can also be colour scanned and uploaded electronically. you can keep hold of the hard copy.

Thanks for that, I didn't know that I could just tick a box :-)

Thanks for for the heads up on not opening the hard copies. When did you apply for yours?

Just saw this on another website while searching for booklet 5:

Dear Registered Migration Agent

The following information has been provided by the Business Innovation, Occupation and Employer Sponsored Policy Section.

Effective 21 January 2014, Booklet 5 – Employer Sponsored Migration (Permanent) will be repealed and should no longer be used as a primary source of information when seeking to lodge an application under the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) or Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa programmes.

Information regarding the Permanent Employer Sponsored visa programme should be sourced only from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP’s) website, as the website contains the most up-to-date information regarding these visas.

Should there be any concerns or queries, please direct them through ‘Permanent Employer Sponsored Visas’ channel available in the form of the Agents Gateway: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/contact/feedback/

Kind regards

Business Innovation, Occupation and Employer Sponsored Policy Section

Skilled Migration Policy Branch

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Hi all,

Our employer has just been approved for the 186 visa after 11 month (lodged June 2013)

We have a 7 month old baby (born in Oz) does anybody know if he needs to have a medical?

Thanks

Hi all,

Our employer has just been approved for the 186 visa after 11 month (lodged June 2013)

We have a 7 month old baby (born in Oz) does anybody know if he needs to have a medical?

Thanks

Hi Lovers

This is just copied and pasted from Immi website:

Health requirements

You must meet certain health requirements. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.

This applies to all dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.

You are able to organise your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.

Did it take 11 months for the nomination to be approved?

Yes Ellis,

11 long months of not knowing.

Lodged 26/6/13

Case officer 5/1/14

Approved 20/5/14

They didnt use an agent and as from getting the case officer we was constantly getting asked for more documents, as I dont think my company knew what they was doing (first time of lodging for a 186).

May be if they'd have used an agent it wouldnt have taken so long?

Hi Lovers

This is just copied and pasted from Immi website:

Health requirements

You must meet certain health requirements. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.

This applies to all dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.

You are able to organise your health examinations upfront before lodging a visa application.

Did it take 11 months for the nomination to be approved?

Thanks for the above.

Yes Ellis,

11 long months of not knowing.

Lodged 26/6/13

Case officer 5/1/14

Approved 20/5/14

They didnt use an agent and as from getting the case officer we was constantly getting asked for more documents, as I dont think my company knew what they was doing (first time of lodging for a 186).

May be if they'd have used an agent it wouldnt have taken so long?

Ah ok. My hubby's employer has done this before so hopefully they know to send all the right documents. Our nomination was lodged too early and if it wasn't for the guys on this forum who spotted it, I'd have been none the wiser and my visa would probably have been refused!

There is a link on the website that allows you to estimate the cost of your visa

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx

Do you know wether the question on the immi website.... 'What date will you be lodging your application'? relates to my part of the 186 visa?

Or if it relates to when the whole application started, which for me would be June 2013?

I'm assuming its from when the application was first lodged, as I'm sure I read somewhere 'to beat the price increase lodge your application before 1/7/2013'

There is a link on the website that allows you to estimate the cost of your visa

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/186.aspx

Do you know wether the question on the immi website.... 'What date will you be lodging your application'? relates to my part of the 186 visa?

Or if it relates to when the whole application started, which for me would be June 2013?

I'm assuming its from when the application was first lodged, as I'm sure I read somewhere 'to beat the price increase lodge your application before 1/7/2013'

I think that it is the date that you lodge your application ( not employer nomination) which is after June 2013. Had you lodged your application with the nomination, then I believe you would've beaten the price increase.

Maybe someone on here knows different, else I would call immigration on Monday to confirm.

I think that it is the date that you lodge your application ( not employer nomination) which is after June 2013. Had you lodged your application with the nomination, then I believe you would've beaten the price increase.

Maybe someone on here knows different, else I would call immigration on Monday to confirm.

I think you are right, but will phone immi.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Ellis, I phoned immi regarding the cost for lodging my application, you was right if we'd have lodged at the same time as the company we would have got it at the rates pre-July 2013, unfortunately we're having to pay the higher costs.

• 3 weeks later...

Ellis, I phoned immi regarding the cost for lodging my application, you was right if we'd have lodged at the same time as the company we would have got it at the rates pre-July 2013, unfortunately we're having to pay the higher costs.

Hi Lovers,

Just checking in to see how you're going with your application?

Archived