Child maintenance

Phoenix16

Ok this is an interesting one!!

my lovely friend and her son are in the UK, her ex partner and father of her son is in OZ. They had the most volatile relationship ever, can't live with you, can't live without you kind of thing!! They never married but had a gorgeous boy together. To cut a very long story short he was very lucky with her support, majorly redundant in UK, contacted a few friends with her support, found himself in OZ on a 457 (quickly pr again with friends support) and living the dream, decided his lovely partner didn't fit in with hie new Aussie surfer lifestyle, he basically couldn't keep it in his pants..... She never got PR as she kept flying back to UK and he actually didn't put her and his son on the application it turns out!,

Now, the crunch, he has totally reneged n all his UK court ordered child support agreements, for the last 6 months he has payed nothing at all and I can honestly say here in OZ his salary is circa $200k per annum, to clarify, they were such a stable couple, she had a court appointed child care agreement in UK whilst they were 'still together' due to the trust issues. I know.."it's frightening but it's their life......

However, he has paid nothing in the last 6 months, my friend is working 3 jobs and is shattered, she has asked me how, from UK, can she access Australian laws to secure child maintenance and how she does this, any advice is welcome xxxx