190 visa processing updates 2013-2014

doll

Hi,

This thread was started to get the relevant information and updates of DIBP in visa granting process for the year 2013-2014.

Most of us getting a delay mail from DIBP , so I request all of you to share your experience and updates in this thread.

Regards,

doll:jiggy:

Hi,

This thread was started to get the relevant information and updates of DIBP in visa granting process for the year 2013-2014.

Most of us getting a delay mail from DIBP , so I request all of you to share your experience and updates in this thread.

Regards,

doll:jiggy:

We've not received any delay email. Timeline (as per signature).

Waiting 190 visa from 5 May 2013 hopelessly.

No one can say approximate timeframe and the reason of so long delay.

Looks like either deliberate slowing down or discrimination according to country of citizenship.

No mate. The annual quota for 190 was reaching its limit in Feb so that means whatever few alllocations that are left are being granted on a priority basi. So it could be that they are looking at the highest scoring skills points, experience or greatest demand occupations ( just guessing)

Guest DizzyD

So delighted to find this thread.. Massive relief to see we are not alone!!! We lodged 190 20th June 2013.. Heard NOTHING till Feb 2014! Medicals 1st March.. And more NOTHING!! Agent says it will be July at least before we hear anything now.. No reasons given!!!??? So frustrating!!! Life in limbo is really hard!!! :-(

Hi, We've only just lodged our main application recently, so new to all of this. We were hoping to move to Australia as quickly as possible, as we are British expats living abroad and we're keen to move on. Thankfully my OH's current work contract has just been extended, otherwise he would have been leaving that role at the end of July and facing another international job search.

Are most people anticipating visas to be granted in July when the new quotas are open? We've ditched our Migration Agent, so slightly clueless right now on latest updates from DIBP. In the meantime we've got on with PCCs and Medicals as we see no point in delaying those given that we are in a position to move quickly. Our useless agents had told us we couldn't apply for them until CO was assigned. Another reason not to use that company!

Guess we just have to sit tight and wait until our CO is assigned. Are 190s still expected to be granted within the 3-6 month timeline despite the delays?!

COs are no longer being assigned to individual applicants. Your apolication will be assigned to a team of COs and anyone of them can process it. So any correspondence will go to the team mail box and whoever is available to respond will do so. So the days of old where you had a specific CO are now long gone.

I cleared medicals 3 weeks after visa app lodge with no troubles and uploaded PCC with no criminal records a few days after visa app lodge. CO said that they expire afterwards one year. So I will have to provide another ones when she will request. I did both ones before CO allocation and at this time they both have rotten.

Have you checked with CO the reason of being waiting so long? You have uploaded all documents upfront during lodge or wait until being asked for ?

I uploaded all required docs when I lodged app. CO only asked to sent docs which got stuck on eVisa. CO cannot say the reason of long external checks. I think this is intentional delay because all official docs must be confirmed within 30 days. So long checks show only that ASIO collect rumours and gossips and other illegal information.

So that means CO explained the external check to you? How do you find out that they did external check?

It is interesting to delay the application intentionally. However, it is still better than receiving negative feedback from them. Are you applying yourself or going through an agent? Any chance CO has been changed and kind of handover issue?

Have you checked with CO the reason of being waiting so long? You have uploaded all documents upfront during lodge or wait until being asked for ?

Have you received the " delay email" from CO? I received few delay emails from various case officers.