Migration as a Solicitor

mahbub

One of my friends completed 4 years bachelor degree from Law also completed 1 year Masters from Law. Both Bachelor degree and Masters was done from Chittagong University, Bangladesh. Also he is having more than 5 years professional experience from Bangladesh. He wants to migrate to Australia as a Solicitor. Would anyone tell whether he is eligible for migration to Australia? Does Australia accept overseas qualification in law for migration purpose? If yes what is the procedure of migration? he is 33 years old.

I have always thought that solicitor is one of the more complicated occupations to migrate under. Unless someone who has migrated as a solicitor comes along, I would recommend your friend contacts a migration agent to assist.

If he knows which State he wants to migrate to then he should look up the Law Society site and see if his qualifications will be accepted.

Getting a job in law is not that easy these days, my friend's daughter is a solicitor and she was looking to move jobs but she says there is not a lot around. In law its who you know as well to a certain extent.

Archived