2nd WHV Application Question.

Dippet

Hey all.

Long time lurker, created an account because I can't find the answer I need anywhere else.

I've been volunteering on a farm for my 3 months, working around 6/8 hours a day. On the weekends I've been working in the local pub to get a bit of extra cash together for when I leave. Will immigration look at my bank and see the wages coming in and think I'm taking the piss?

Starting the stress a bit! Didn't think all this through when I started! :arghh:

Hey all.

Long time lurker, created an account because I can't find the answer I need anywhere else.

I've been volunteering on a farm for my 3 months, working around 6/8 hours a day. On the weekends I've been working in the local pub to get a bit of extra cash together for when I leave. Will immigration look at my bank and see the wages coming in and think I'm taking the piss?

Starting the stress a bit! Didn't think all this through when I started! :arghh:

Volunteering on a farm for three months? The food and board must have been excellent for you to do it for free.

I would think yes, you may well have an issue when applying for your second WHV.

You'll be fine.

The rumour is that only 1 in 10 (approx) applications even get looked at; the rest are automatically accepted. And even if yours did get checked; IMMI are making next to nothing for the Visa, so they won't be wasting resources looking into bank transactions, etc.

As long as you have proof you were actually on the farm (pictures, pay slips, etc), there's no dramas.

You'll be fine.

The rumour is that only 1 in 10 (approx) applications even get looked at; the rest are automatically accepted. And even if yours did get checked; IMMI are making next to nothing for the Visa, so they won't be wasting resources looking into bank transactions, etc.

As long as you have proof you were actually on the farm (pictures, pay slips, etc), there's no dramas.

The OP has being doing voluntary work at the farm and therefore presumably does not have payslips. That's the potential problem, showing proof of regional work.

Failing that; the person who you've been 'woofing' for can write you a letter to confirm your attendance.

A letter is really not much proof. Immigration have been cracking down on farmers and second WHV applicants and demanding substantial proof.

Geez Sammy, this is probably the easiest Visa to gain & you're worrying Dippet, lol.

What more proof can you get than the person you've actually worked for signing off that you have actually worked there. It's exactly the same as any other employer providing confirmation of employment; it's just that this is voluntary work.

Exactly what you need.

If IMMI don't believe your letter; they'll simply phone the people you stayed with to confirm. As long as they then don't say "never heard of them", haha; you'll be fine.

Archived