Help please

taniaholmes

Okay so been a while like years since I've been on here and can't believe some of the threads are still active, I use to run one of the threads giving advice but now I'm hoping YOU can help, I am a resident in Australia and have been for over two years I am actually looking for advise for a friend, they are currently on a working holiday visa but are looking to apply for a permanent residency, so we know the occupation is on the sol list as a Boat fitter, could anyone advise how it all works now and what is the criteria for the visa and what visa is best ect. Thanks Tania :biggrin:

They have to be able to pass the skills assessment first off. If they can then they look at the points calculator to see how many points they would have. They may need to do the English test to bump their points.

If they have enough points for a skilled independent visa they get the skills assessement, English test, then put in an expression of interest and wait for an invite to apply.

They might need state sponsorship if they don't quite have enough points. In which case they need to see if their job is on any of the state sponsorship lists.

To get the details on the skills assessment, if they find there occupation on the skills list, there will be code next to it. Google the code and it will tell you what is involved.

The visa will depend on how many points they can get. On the immi.gov.au web site there is a points calculator that will establish this. The 189 is the best visa, failing that if they need more points a 190 if there isn a state sponsoring it.

Archived