Pathways for Over 45

Playghirl

Almost non existent, this ship has probably sailed I am afraid. I think that this has been covered on your previous threads so I will just quickly recap.

For those with occupations on the skills list, skilled migrant visa is open to people up to age 50, but realistically nobody can pass the points test after age 44. She can try and see how far she gets, but without a phd, partner points, sponsorship etc, it really would be very hard.

So that leaves employer sponsorship. The hurdle would be finding a willing employer of course. There are permanent and temporary employer sponsored visas. If she can pass a skills assessment then she can go straight to the permanent visa (subject to meeting the criteria) and if she cannot pass the skills assessment then she could do two years on the temporary visa first and then with willing employer perhaps progress to a permanent one.

Thanks Rupert. She will obviously insult an immigration consultant at dome point but it is vood to have a realistic picture first of all options.

Ssome

LOL. your reply made me giggle.... 'insult' 'vood' dont you just love predictive texting

Archived