Partner Visa to go back to aus when getting married.

Scotty777

Hi all

Thanks for the Quick replies on my previous post, so im here again

we are applying for partner visa for myself (aus) and my uk fiance, and have a few questions (hope someone knows the answer)

1. We are booked up for the wedding in Oct 2015 and might be migrating to aus in december 2015, if we apply for a partner visa 6-12 months beforethe wedding using her previous last name will this be affected when we get married and her last name changes?

2. we will most likely apply for her to get a post dated passport 3 months before the wedding due to us needing to travel to aus in December for Xmas, will this affect a partner visa?

3. does anyone know how long a partner visa takes to be approved these days, apllying within the UK?

Hope i have put this in the correct location?

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply

see the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/222599/dg_175796.pdf

The reason behind the post date is i heard The Aussie border security team dont like marriage certificates at the airport?

and with her visa as it will be approved after the name change, will that affect if its in her maiden name?

Basically just trying to get away from taking the marriage certificate with us every where, as driving licence and ETC in Aus will need to be in the new name?

Im stumped on this one hey!! haha

Cheers

Just because you can change your surname after marriage, doesn't mean you have to.

Why doesn't your fiancé just keep her own name until all visas are in place? Once you're both settled in Australia she can then change it (if she wants to).

Off shore application are currently running at about 8-9 months. I doubt it will lessen, more inclined to think it may increase slightly.

Just keep in mind also the current UK visa rules for spouses should you wish to return to the UK to live (never say never and all that). Its very difficult for many UK citizens to bring their Aus spouses/partners back to the UK to live with the current UK partner visa regulations and is catching a lot of people out.

Just because you can change your surname after marriage, doesn't mean you have to.

Why doesn't your fiancé just keep her own name until all visas are in place? Once you're both settled in Australia she can then change it (if she wants to).

Exactly. :biggrin:

Archived