Tying up loose ends when leaving

scottylou

Ah I see why we are seeing this differently I think. So all our staff contracts have their pay rates stated inclusive of super. So if super guarantee changes we would not see an increase in staffing costs, we would be merely adjusting the percentages of that number as to what went to super and what went to employee as taxable gross.

The award rises I think we can definitely agree is a cost.... I'm just looking forward to the day when all the states have the same pay rates

You're either explaining yourself badly or you're breaking the law.

Explaining myself badly. All our staff are on total fixed compensation packages (tfc) worded in the contracts so if super guarantee increases the cost to the business only goes up if we actually increase the staff packages not because the super percent changes

From what i can gather, you are 'selling ' your positions to your employees by including the super in their total wage.

This gives a false impression of their true wage by inflating it by 9.25%.

i could do that too, but i wouldn't like to mislead anyone.

Chris x

My OH had to keep her Super fund when she returned to the UK in 1999 following a relationship break down. She had citizenship but did not really expect to return but here she is, 15 years later, with new family and planning to move back. She has had a statement every year and with one or two exceptions it has grown well and certainly has performed far better than UK pension funds over the same period. Certainly isn't diminished by charges and fees. She has often said that if she had had spare cash she was tempted to invest it in the Super because of the returns.

My point is that so many Brits seem to slag off Super. Perhaps they think the state will simply provide all in old age as hardly anybody in the UK is making provision for themselves. Australia is decades ahead of the UK in this.

You can't be right about Australia being decades ahead in anything - any regular reader of this forum KNOWS that Australia is like Britain in the 1970s - even though most of them were barely alive....:biggrin:

Archived