309/100 partner visa offshore - October applicants

rheia

Hello lovely people,

Couldn't find a thread dedicated to us October 2013 applicants, so thought I'd start one...

If there already happens to be one, please let me know :)

Great to see the late-August applicants getting their visas coming through. Not long to go now for us!

See my stats below.

I'm all set up to get things organised once the visa comes through - told work, shipping researched etc.

Looking forward to hearing from people in similar situations!

Hey, I applied on 17th October so roughly around the same time. All paperwork etc submitted ok at the start and police checks/medical completed march/April. Just returned from a month with my other half and step daughter in Thailand so now I'm itching to get there after 4 years of waiting! My fiancée is Thai and was sponsored herself 5+ years ago but he left them at the start so I'm hoping this doesn't slow things down! Fingers crossed for a nice June acceptance :)

Hey.. Great you started this thread... The wait is nearly over for us and hopefully the grants will start coming through from early June... I applied 9th October... My fiance is an Aussie and we have been apart since June 2013 (he visited for 3 weeks over Christmas though :-) ... so the wait has been really tough for both of us. We are just waiting for the grant and will book our flight tickets as soon as it comes through.. :-)

Hey.. Great you started this thread... The wait is nearly over for us and hopefully the grants will start coming through from early June... I applied 9th October... My fiance is an Aussie and we have been apart since June 2013 (he visited for 3 weeks over Christmas though :-) ... so the wait has been really tough for both of us. We are just waiting for the grant and will book our flight tickets as soon as it comes through.. :-)

Oh poor you... At least my partner is here in London with me which makes the wait sooo much easier. Are you planning on flying out as soon as the visa comes through? Or will it take a while to tie everything up here?

Yes it's been really tough.. hopefully the wait will be over soon. Planning to fly out maybe a month after my visa grant.. will book my tickets as soon as the grant comes through. I have informed work and already researched shipping companies (like you hehehe).. also opened an account with Money Corp to transfer my savings... keeping everything ready... just need the grant now :-)

Oh poor you... At least my partner is here in London with me which makes the wait sooo much easier. Are you planning on flying out as soon as the visa comes through? Or will it take a while to tie everything up here?

Yes it's been really tough.. hopefully the wait will be over soon. Planning to fly out maybe a month after my visa grant.. will book my tickets as soon as the grant comes through. I have informed work and already researched shipping companies (like you hehehe).. also opened an account with Money Corp to transfer my savings... keeping everything ready... just need the grant now :-)

We've started moving money to Australia as well (my partner's savings account - the exchange is/was quite good at the moment). I'll open a NAB account once the visa comes through (while still in London, just to make things a bit easier once we're over there).

And of course I've got endless lists of things that need doing once the visa comes through. I've suddenly realised how many contracts there are to cancel, addresses to update etc.

We've started moving money to Australia as well (my partner's savings account - the exchange is/was quite good at the moment). I'll open a NAB account once the visa comes through (while still in London, just to make things a bit easier once we're over there).

And of course I've got endless lists of things that need doing once the visa comes through. I've suddenly realised how many contracts there are to cancel, addresses to update etc.

Yes.. it's just for the contracts that I need a month after the visa grant; most of them need a months notice (BT, Vodafone, Elec/Gas, Water etc etc... list goes on). We have completed 7 months now and hopefully the grant will come through right at the 8th month mark.... :-) Good luck to you too xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else getting unduly excited reading about all the recent visa grants? Certainly feels like things are starting to happen and it's only a matter of time until the October ones will start coming through.

Can't wait to finally kick start the big move.

I applied for my PMV in October as well. Although we're really impatient so I've already booked my flight for 3rd July and will go offshore for a few days when I receive my email. Good luck to everyone. The next month or so should be exciting for all of us. I hope they come in sooner rather than later.

I sent an email to my CO yesterday asking for an update. If by some miracle there is I'll post it

Edited by CrossFit Mark

I applied for my PMV in October as well. Although we're really impatient so I've already booked my flight for 3rd July and will go offshore for a few days when I receive my email. Good luck to everyone. The next month or so should be exciting for all of us. I hope they come in sooner rather than later.

I sent an email to my CO yesterday asking for an update. If by some miracle there is I'll post it

Hi @rheia and @CrossFit Mark, I emailed our CO (DP) yesterday and received an 'out of office' reply; he'll be back on 10th Oct (that'll be exactly 8 months for us)... So hopefully he'll grant us our visa once he is back from his short break! I have booked my flights as well; flying out on 26th July! :-) Just need the grant now.... Good luck everyone and keep us posted xx

Hi all, I applied in November for mine (cant find any November threads)

I really hate waiting....these past 7 months have shown im a really impatient person :P

Has anyone found any good shipping companies?Really hoping to be gone by end of the year! x

Has anyone found any good shipping companies?Really hoping to be gone by end of the year! x

We are going to go with SevenSeas MoveCube for our move. As we live in a furnished rented flat we don't have any big items to ship so a container wasn't the way to go for us. We've already had lots of contact with the SevenSeas people and they have been very quick to respond and very helpful so fingers crossed everything is going to be fine. :)

We'll have a medium MoveCube filled with lots of boxes of books, clothing and some Ikea flatplack furniture (turns out some of them are very expensive in Australia!).

The shipment is going to be insured through Letton Percival - their quote and cover suited us best (not that many options for self-packed shipping insurance...).

HI quick update for you all. I had a reply this morning from my CO. They do look at the date we've put down to get married on. The visa is likely to be issued 8 months to the date you are going to get married on. This way the extra month is for applying for the Partner visa. I'm assuming this way we're covered legally to still be in the country and carry on working whilst the other visa comes through.

Apologies if you already knew this but I was completely ignorant by this.

So in my scenario my fiancee and I are getting married 28th March 2015 which means my visa cannot be granted any earlier than 28th July - 8 months until 28th March.

So although it's a blow at least I know when it will be granted

HI quick update for you all. I had a reply this morning from my CO. They do look at the date we've put down to get married on. The visa is likely to be issued 8 months to the date you are going to get married on. This way the extra month is for applying for the Partner visa. I'm assuming this way we're covered legally to still be in the country and carry on working whilst the other visa comes through.

So in my scenario my fiancee and I are getting married 28th March 2015 which means my visa cannot be granted any earlier than 28th July - 8 months until 28th March.

That's very interesting, didn't know about this.

We haven't applied for a PMV so it doesn't affect us but always good to hear that there is some logic/reasoning behind the visa grants...

That's interesting; we have applied for PMV as well but our wedding date is in October 2014, so I guess this doesn't affect us.... But it'll be an useful piece of information for future PMV applicants.

Thanks @rheia and @CrossFit Mark... still can't believe it!! Flights booked for 26th July... exciting times ahead!!! The October grants have started and you'll be next... :-)

Thats amazing news!!! I bet your heart stopped when you saw the email haha. Let's hope DP is refreshed from his break and gets my 17th Oct app approved early, although I'm not going while mid to late July so I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the final few weeks of this journey!

Its actually quite funny, at the beginning you check your emails every day in anticipation of hearing something but once you and the OH just accept nothing will happen for 9 months things go quickly and a hell of a lot easier!