Centrelink - Adelaide

Moobobs

Hi,

we fly out to Adelaide on 1st June, we want to register our daughter in full time day care as we will be working full time. We have got all info signed by the GP confirming her immunisations. I know they have to be up to date with jabs etc before you are eligible for child care benefit.

We have found a day care we like and have made an appointment to visit - if we take a place and contact centre link will they decline our claim as our daughter won't be on the register straight away?

Thanks

Depending on how old your child is they may need some extra immunisations e.g. Hep b and varicella but you can get them done when you arrive.

Also I think you have to be on a permanent visa for the rebate - not sure what you are on.

We arrived 3 months ago and still waiting to hear from centrelink! So just register as soon as you arrive and you should get it back payed - fingers crossed! :)

Hi Bubble, thank you for your response! Keen to get work started but also conscious the cost of full time long day care is very expensive, I thought what we pay now was high!

Blossom - It doesn't necessarily need a reply from anyone just in Adelaide, we're not all familiar with the exact sections in which posts come under as you are as a moderator. As you put it, we are not that dedicated to the forum, I put it in the one that I thought it came under. I don't think there was a need to make reference to it when you could go just have politely moved it, I've seen many a post moved without comment.

Most people don't bump after a couple of hours when most people in oz who would know the answer would be asleep (in any part of oz). Many people find this pushy and rude. All I was doing was pointing out that there was no need.

Be aware that the budget is next week and there is talk of changes to child care payments etc, so keep an eye out as it could all change.

Most people don't bump after a couple of hours when most people in oz who would know the answer would be asleep (in any part of oz). Many people find this pushy and rude. All I was doing was pointing out that there was no need.

Be aware that the budget is next week and there is talk of changes to child care payments etc, so keep an eye out as it could all change.

Well i certainly wasn't being rude and never have been in any of my posts on this forum.

I also thought people in the UK might know if they have returned from oz and had experience with child care etc.

Nevermind eh.

Well i certainly wasn't being rude and never have been in any of my posts on this forum.

I also thought people in the UK might know if they have returned from oz and had experience with child care etc.

Nevermind eh.

Good point well made moobobs. Don't worry mate some of us are awake st all hours!! Xx

Archived