Returning! visa advice...

DaveS

Hi All,

Its been a while since I posted here. Australia is going great; but we are toying with moving back temporarily to the UK to spend some time with my side of the family and introduce them to the kids.

Me: Pom, on a temporary spouse visa in Australia, soon to be considered for permanent spouse visa

Wife: Oz, had UK FLR visa in early 2011 - is now expired I guess.

What visa does my wife need?

Thanks for any help here,

Dave & Libby

A partner visa for the UK is quite a big ask now.

You really should read all this in detail.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

In short though, you need an income (within the UK iirc) of £18,000 per annum for 6 months prior to being able to sponsor her iirc. That of savings of somewhere the other side of 60K.

Your children will have UK citizenship I would take it so therefore would not be on the application and not increase the costs.

The new partner visa regs have stuffed up a lot of couples wanting to move back or to the UK.

Hi All,

Its been a while since I posted here. Australia is going great; but we are toying with moving back temporarily to the UK to spend some time with my side of the family and introduce them to the kids.

Me: Pom, on a temporary spouse visa in Australia, soon to be considered for permanent spouse visa

Wife: Oz, had UK FLR visa in early 2011 - is now expired I guess.

What visa does my wife need?

Thanks for any help here,

Dave & Libby

You will need to prove you have a job in uk earning at 18,000 pounds or at least a confirmed offer in writing. Earnings may need to be more in regards to you having children it does say i think 2,000 extra per child i believe but you need to check out how your children stand in regards to their status. You will also need to have housing sorted before any visa application is submitted. If this is staying with family they will need that in writing and all details of size of house etc. If they deem housing is unsuitable they will refuse the issue the visa. Sad to say they are very strict with visa's for non eu partners now a days. If you have as someone else says savings of Around 62,000 pounds securing a job before you go will not be necessary. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all.

Quoll: Unfortunately no :-(

Chicken: My employer is Sydney based but happy to employ me from wherever I can find an Internet connection :-). Wife is about to go on maternity leave and may not return to work for a while.

Snifter: So It could be 600 GBP and a big form? Hmm.. :-)

I have tried to get advice from https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, but the online chat option is only available briefly and never finds an online agent. Sigh.

Perhaps I need to seek out some more professional advice.

Thanks for the replies anyway all, I appreciate it and there isnt a huge rush here. I will try to update this thread if/when I get further.

Archived