partner migration off-shore australia house london,uk processing time.( launched october 2013)

tomski1982

hi there,

me and my partner launched our application on the 30th of october 2013. within a month we got contacted by our case officer who requested additional information from us that was to be sent within 28 days. those additional documents were sent over straight away and we have been told that apart from my medicals and police checks no extra information will be required.

i sent my police checks and medicals on the 10th of february 2014.

we are aware that the processing times are up to 9 months for that type of visa but are curious if there are other people applying for 309/100 who launched their applications in autumn 2013?

we would be interesting how your processing is going. has maybe anyone got their visa approved yet?

any information will be appreciated. we are also happy to share our experience and advise with others.

hope it is not long wait left since we are planning to go to oz in october 2014.

good luck everyone.

tom

Hi there,

We applied on October 21st last year - for the 309/100 visa as well.

See my signature for the other important dates.

No further evidence was requested & I have since had no contact with my case officer.

From the visa processing time thread on this forum I gather that most partner visas get pretty much approved at exactly the 8 months mark, so still a bit to go...

Good luck with your application! Fingers crossed it will be our time soon.

P.S.: we are planning on leaving for Oz end of September

Hi there,

I'm applying for the same visa but only lodged in Feb - good to hear the processing times are at about 8 months rather than 9+.

Was wondering what you are both doing in terms of houses / jobs etc - I'm working on the basis that my application is pretty low risk so am thinking we press on with house sale etc in advance of having the visa in hand, but it's a but verve wracking.

Any thoughts welcomed!

Sorry if not clear - I meant in terms of selling houses and leaving jobs ahead of actually having received the visa.

They advise not to do that.

However, lots seem to. End of the day, personal choice.

Sorry if not clear - I meant in terms of selling houses and leaving jobs ahead of actually having received the visa.

Difficult. It's a balance between tying things up neatly well in advance & risking being homeless & jobless if there is an issue with the visa.

In my case, I told my boss months ago and my company is looking into employing me remotely (I am the applicant). Telling them early was a courtesy based on our great working relationship and because my leaving will have an impact on expansion plans. They were grateful for this advance notice.

(And if I stay my job will still be here for me.)

If I was in a different position job-wise I would not let them know any earlier than absolutely necessary. They will know your heart might not be in your current job 100% anymore, you're probably organising things for Australia during your working hours etc. It also means you might not benefit from any bonuses, salary increases or education opportunities. (Why invest money into someone who's leaving?)

We are renting, so no property to sell. But again, we are leaving it till the last minute to give our landlord notice (well, within the time frame our lease agreement dictates). I don't want to be left without anywhere to live should things go pear shaped...

Thanks - good to hear someone else juggling the same things. I've told work for just the same reasons, am a bit twicthy about selling the house but think we're going to have to go for it as we're trying to get to Australia for the start of the school year.

Appreciate the response.

We dont have kids but were also bound by the school year, my partner is a teacher, she had to quit before the visa was approved as they have strict quiting times.. I think once they have all the information if you know your a real couple with the evidence to prove it, might as well get on with it as its going to be approved just a matter of time

Thanks - that's pretty much been my logic as well but wanted to make sure I wasn't getting too far ahead of myself. Like you say, australian citizen wife and 3 aussie citizen kids, I can't see it getting knocked back.

Archived