stressed and anxious

Guest hartleys

Guest hartleys

Hi, we are just starting the visa process and are applying on a skilled independent visa as my husbands trade (carpentry/joinery) are on the demand list. We will be living in perth. Can anybody please advise us of approx wages, visa application times, and also how easy mortgages are to get with a low deposit and if previous credit history goes with you.

Thanks

the hartleys

Guest asylon

Hello Hartleys

I can't answer most of your questions but I do know that No, credit history is left at Heathrow.

RE: Stress...it's gonna get worse before it gets better!

Good luck with it all and I'm sure someone will be able to help you more soon.

Ax

Guest Pinhead
Hi, we are just starting the visa process and are applying on a skilled independent visa as my husbands trade (carpentry/joinery) are on the demand list. We will be living in perth. Can anybody please advise us of approx wages, visa application times, and also how easy mortgages are to get with a low deposit and if previous credit history goes with you.

Thanks

the hartleys

The timescale for my skilled independant visa was submited Apr 03, received Feb 04 (after medicals).

It does depend upon the number of visas to be issued each year and when you submit though. I sent mine in myself, I'm not sure whether using an agent hinders or helps the timescale. I guess it depends on the agent!

The 'visa year' runs from 1st July I believe. Although they log each application as received they won't issue anymore for the current year once they reach their quota. They are just kept in line and then issued the following year.

I would allow at least a year for your application.

Guest Sharon & Mike

Hey Hartley's wer are Hartley's too hoping to go to Perth. We are apply for 457 sponsored visas and ours have been sat on the system since Feb, we are told by our agent that the Student visa's

are taking priority at the moment so we will have to wait a bit longer. Good luck with your process.

Sharon & Mike

Guest tracywilson

Hi Hartleys

Tracy from the Wilsons here!!

Our app in total took 3 years lol but we had diff circumstances!! I understand from my agent that skills on the MODL list are currently taking up to a year!!

We just bouthg a $500 000 house with a small deposit of $50 000. Your credit gets left in the UK DEFO!!!

As for approx wages what do you both currently do?

Check out SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site at job in perth and surroudning areas and you may see some salaries on there too.

PM if you need any furthe complex info be happy to help!! We have been her for almost a year now!!

tracyx

Guest hartleys

Hi Hartleys

Thanks for that, just back from a trip to Perth, just sent trade visa off, just hope its back in time for july skills assessment. Good luck with yours keep me posted

lisa & darren

Guest hartleys

Hi tracy,

thanks for all the info very helpful, i suppose you cant rush the process but i just cant wait to get back. I will check out the sites. Darren is a joiner and im a beautician, i have been told that darren wont have any trouble getting a job and i may wait a couple of months befor looking. Lets hope our house sells ok. Where are you? How are you finding it?

Lisa x

Archived