Best month to move to Melbourne?

douglashv

Hi guys,

When would be the best month to immigrate to Melbourne (money/working wise) for a couple with no child?

We are a Chemical Engineer (Ielts: 7/9/8/7) and a Civil Engineer (NO english) couple who will be looking for casual jobs to start, and we also will try to have some luck with a professional job too, considering that we have to improve our English alongside.

Thanks in advance.

Doug.-

Job market is not that good at present, long holidays are December January, cold months are June July and August. Getting work with no English would be very difficult. Most jobs would be unskilled and there are a lot of Aussies around who seek unskilled work. No good months just just have to take your chances. Its very expensive living hear, not for me, but those that come they think it is so be warned that you will need a good cushion to help you on arrival.

I'd be learning some basic English before arrival- otherwise you will be at a huge disadvantage looking for work. I'd think early to mid year is probably a good time- things start to wind down November onwards and then pick up again in February. A lot of people start new jobs after the long Summer break though so I guess they would have applied just before Christmas.