After EOI - 189 Visa Processing deadlines

cuberoot

I am currently preparing my EOI for a 189 Visa. It will be 70 or 75 points, so I'm pretty happy.

Assuming I get lucky in the April or May invitation rounds, I would like to know how long the rest of the Visa process takes.

I know that once I get EOI invite to apply, I have 60 days to submit the 189 Visa application.

1) Is the 189 Visa application simply showing positive EOI and then making the payment, all within 60 days of invite? Or is there more documentation that I need to dig up? I'm hoping that with Skills assessment and positive EOI, I've got everything I need? Even if I have to re-upload certain documents that I used for skills assessment?

2) Once Visa application is lodged, what are the approximate timelines and deadlines? A rough look seems to indicate 1 month to get a case officer allocated then another month to get a yes/no on the visa? I've seen I might need medical and police checks etc. All of this can take time. Is there a deadline when all of this must be done? I'm wondering if there is anything that I should preparing for once I hear back about EOI. Or is it all pretty much dependent on the Case officer and not worth worrying about until I get to that point? I just don't want to miss out on a visa because of a technicality. I assume there must be some kind of deadline for dealing with a case officer and getting the full application together? Im sure they don't want to wait months for people to get back with documents and medicals etc. Or is it actually normal that things could take 6 months or more?

Hi

I can't help on all of it, but if you check out my brightly coloured footer at the bottom of this message, you can see my timeline (it was my husband who had to do it all)!

The police checks date is the date that determines when you have to enter Australia by, so we waited to get ours done.

Some people get their visa grant really quickly, but some have to wait - with no real reason given.

Hopefully someone will be bale to help you more. Good Luck!

Hi

I can't help on all of it, but if you check out my brightly coloured footer at the bottom of this message, you can see my timeline (it was my husband who had to do it all)!

The police checks date is the date that determines when you have to enter Australia by, so we waited to get ours done.

Some people get their visa grant really quickly, but some have to wait - with no real reason given.

Hopefully someone will be bale to help you more. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info.

Your timeline seems to follow what I've seen before. About 1 month to get case officer allocated, then about 1 month for a decision.

Im guessing you responded to case officer as quick as possible, but do you remember if there were any deadlines given by the case officer? i.e. if the case officer wanted a document or something, did you need to respond within 14 days or something?

If you take a look at the March 189 gang thread, I listed all the documents I submitted. Still awaiting any contact from anyone at immigration, so assuming I haven't had a case office allocated yet. Most of the documents are indeed what was submitted to the ACS for my skills assessment, but there were a few others I submitted. The PCC and medicals are well documented most places, but there is birth certificate, form 80 and things like P60's and payslips that I've seen many times be asked for.

You have 60 days to lodge application after invitation. 28 days to upload the supporting documents, DIBP accept colour scans of original documents without them being certified.

up to 10 weeks for CO. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Depending if you front load medicals and police checks, if not front loaded a CO contacts you they give you 28 days to organise these.

You get 12 months from the earliest day from medical or police checks to validate your visa by making first entry to Australia. Many people who front load medicals or police checks may not be contacted by their co unless they need anything. Often it's best not to front load so you have your co contact details,

You have 60 days to lodge application after invitation. 28 days to upload the supporting documents, DIBP accept colour scans of original documents without them being certified.

up to 10 weeks for CO. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Depending if you front load medicals and police checks, if not front loaded a CO contacts you they give you 28 days to organise these.

You get 12 months from the earliest day from medical or police checks to validate your visa by making first entry to Australia. Many people who front load medicals or police checks may not be contacted by their co unless they need anything. Often it's best not to front load so you have your co contact details,

Thanks so much! This is exactly the type of information I was looking for.

28 days does not sound like that much time for things like Police checks which is why I was asking. I don't want to be surprised by anything like that. I probably won't front load Police Clearance and medicals, but I'll start the process once visa is lodged.

What is the list of mandatory supporting documentation that must be submitted with the 189 Visa?

Archived