Expression of Interest! 28.4.14

Guest james huddersfield

Guest james huddersfield

Submitting an Expression of Interest on 28th April... just wondered if anybody else is applying at the same time?

Also, would be good to get some feedback from anyone who has passed this stage, how long did it take you to get the invite?

Cheers.

Hi

We're from Huddersfield too!!! We have applied for State sponsorship so don't have a direct answer for your question as you are applying for a 189 but we were invited to apply 12hrs after state sponsorship was approved. Where are you heading?

Best of luck

I'm planning to apply on 28th as well James.

If my IELTS results are not ready in time, I might postpone to middle of May. Although I could take a risk and apply anyway. I'm pretty confident with my results.

DON'T apply until you have your IELTS in hand. I'm pretty sure that if your IELTS result is dated after your EOI date, any visa application based on that EOI will be denied AND you lose your VAC.

DON'T apply until you have your IELTS in hand. I'm pretty sure that if your IELTS result is dated after your EOI date, any visa application based on that EOI will be denied AND you lose your VAC.

Noted. I'll wait until I have IELTS in hand then.

Thanks for the tip.

Guest james huddersfield
Hi

We're from Huddersfield too!!! We have applied for State sponsorship so don't have a direct answer for your question as you are applying for a 189 but we were invited to apply 12hrs after state sponsorship was approved. Where are you heading?

Best of luck

Hi,

Most likely Perth but will go where the work is. How about you?

Hi cjenky,

Just want to enquire. Can we apply for jobs before I got the visa itself? Will employers even consider us? I intend to submit EOI after my VETASSESS comes back. Should be anytime now.

Hi

You would be in a better position if you had a visa in hand granted but there is no reason you cannot start talking to prospective employers. I literally sent out CV'S to all relevant employers, a lot of them did say contact us once you are here but we also got a lot of positive responses too. I've done quite a lot of SKYPING with employers in Aus and it paid off (or maybe I just got lucky) but it is definitely possible to secure a job whilst in the UK and before a visa is granted.

Good Luck

Archived