AHPRA and 190 Visa Victoria

RMN hopeful

Hi all

been waiting for AHPRA sine middle of Jan - last contact was it has been sent to NSW for qualification criteria (originally lodged in Victoria office). I'm getting very impatient now :( my hubby also an RMN with

UK Diploma (I have a degree) - both registration applications sent together.

With the new changes we haven't got a clue whether we will both get through - we're waiting on registrations to support our 190 Visa ( along with my signed contract of employment in Victoria with NWMH) - me being the main applicant with 60 points. So frustrating... Anyone else heard from AHPRA since the changes yet? (Still in the UK :() Marie xxx

No one has heard as yet from this end...many with whom I work have many friends waiting.

Someone on these forums was quick to advise me that her consultant had been advised by AHPRA that nurses from the UK would not be affected and many nurses had been granted their registration since the changes. Strange AHPRA talks to nobody, not even locals to advise them of such information I haveheard second hand, a nurse educated in adult, recently was given the okay that applied in december and was told the other branches are still being kept on hold.

Mental health nurses are in demand, unfortunately or fortunately for those who want to emigrate, locals have to pay to become mental health nurses on top of them paying to do their undergraduate general degree, hence the shortage and expense that many are not prepared to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shawna,

I was interviewed in March 2013 for NWMH and they are still happy to wait for me as i decided to go for the 190 visa instead of 457 - i'm still waiting for AHPRA and have been since Jan this year before i apply for the final visa - so frustrating - uni is currently trying to sort out the additional information AHPRA require re: changes in criteria - i'm at the end of my tether with it all. My eldest daughter is due to start uni in England in September as a back up plan but i feel we are running out of time :(

Hi, sorry to hear that, SOOO frustrating... i applied to ahpra around 3 weeks ago nsw, so will be a while. NWMH said they expect me to be sorted for dec this year start. Are you a RMN?, dont give up, hang in there.... what are the new criteria they wanted? can I ask how mush your medicals were as i cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Have you called AHPRA to push them along..?

Yes im an RMN, I haven't had medicals or police checks yet as im waiting for AHPRA registration to support my final PR visa. I've tried pushing them along but without the new information from uni im stuck - re: pharmacology evidence of learning etc...just chasing uni up at the moment! Are you going 190 or 457?

457, fingers crossed then the pr app after 6 months... its all a bit stressful not to mention expensive. My uni stuff didnt mention the pharmacology module in those words as such so expect to hear back from them. we are looking at moving to point cook or altona, if ahpra ever get moving, i heard it will take ages at mo due to aussie registration renewals at mo, ( once a year...!!). if you're on fb add me if you want can exchange tips contacts etc, 'shawna dalton-burrows'.

Hi you two,

I have been in contact with NWMH and they have asked me to keep in touch and contact them re a position nearer the time. How did you find the whole application process, if you don't mind me asking? The website implied there 'may' be a relocation package, has anything been discussed?

Its a possibility AHPRA/PR Visa dependant that we could move in 12 months time. I am just worried about where we would love as we would like a 4 bed house with a tiny bit of land and close to work... Trying to figure out if Melbourne is a possibility. x

Hi Jac2011, The whole process has been quite stressful, mainly because due to waiting on others re; references, ANMAC skills assessment and generally gathering all of the evidence. I also had to sit the IELT's 3 times before i passed the bloody thing, lol x I'm hoping it will all be worth it in the end. Now of course its the wait for AHPRA before we apply for the final PR Visa and finally we need to sell the house before we go. My understanding is there is a relocation package which was discussed with me at my interview. I'm just waiting on my uni getting back to me to sort out the evidence for the new criteria at AHPRA as apparently we are the first in Cov to request this. Of course they have to have meetings etc, to sort all this out and its very frustrating.

I'm not sure which area of Melbourne we will be due to not knowing which hospital we will be placed at but i'm not concerned with that at the minute - just need to sort concentrate on Visa's etc first.

I would like to know how to enter the Diploma (nurse) as a degree in the EOI section of the immigration.

ANMAC approved my diploma is equvalent to degree. Does anyone can help.

Instead of diploma can I enter degree in the EOI FORM.

I HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP

Archived