Shipping Camping equipment...

Kooky

We've just unpacked our camping things. Looks like a few of the boxed things were checked, and the tent was most certainly looked at........ I made sure our stuff was cleaned before packing, and used a diluted solution of jeyes to clean the tent footprint. No extra charges, so we must have cleaned okay...:)

Thanks cal/debz

we have been cleaning stuff today - power washing then jeyes fluid but some stuff still isn't looking spotless - how do you know how clean is clean if you know what I mean :rolleyes: We have some rubber mat things that we take camping and despite the power wash, scrub and jeyes fluid they still don't look perfect - will it matter?

Not too worried about the tent we will be having it professionally cleaned so I think that should be ok.

Any tips on cleaning stuff is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone. Getting exciting now!!!

I cleaned the tent inside and out with a Milton solution in the bath of a third story apartment :twitcy: Luckily I had the door closed as everything in the bathroom was soaked by the end.

Clean off all dirt. Scrub so every bit is gone. The smell of the jeyes fluid will help inform them it has been cleaned.

Scrub the poles and anything else that has been outside from visible dirt. Shoes, tools, bikes etc.

I wouldn't risk anything with rust including tools or pegs. We threw away our pegs and brought some more in Aussie Disposals for 50 cents each.

No problems with anything.

Other than outdoor stuff check your Christmas decorations. No seeded decorations will make it through without mandatory fumigation at this end at your cost.

My OH had on old orange that she had studded with cloves 10 years before. She argued that she wanted to take it although we had been told it wouldn't be acceptable. She wanted to ship it anyway, just in case. I chucked it away before we went then told her customs must have decided it was too dangerous to let in ..............

5 years later she still remembers and becomes annoyed with me every December 1st.

Archived