8502 & 8504 condition

vomi

I have been granted the partner visa, both my wife and I are current living outside of AUS. And there are two conditions, the first one is a 8502 condition, entry after XXX (the name of my wife), the other is condition 8504, entry before 31 July.1. For the wording “After”, is there any specified requirement? Can I take the same flight with my wife, and my wife goes to Customs first, I wait her go, then I go?2. Is 8502 and 8504 a one-time requirement? For example, can my wife go to other countries after our entry to Aus? Also, can I made my first entry before 31 July, then I travel to other countries after 31 July, and go back to Aus in October?Thanks!

I have been granted the partner visa, both my wife and I are current living outside of AUS. And there are two conditions, the first one is a 8502 condition, entry after XXX (the name of my wife), the other is condition 8504, entry before 31 July.1. For the wording “After”, is there any specified requirement? Can I take the same flight with my wife, and my wife goes to Customs first, I wait her go, then I go?2. Is 8502 and 8504 a one-time requirement? For example, can my wife go to other countries after our entry to Aus? Also, can I made my first entry before 31 July, then I travel to other countries after 31 July, and go back to Aus in October?Thanks!

I didn't realise they applied the 8502 condition to partner visas! Your wife presumably is a citizen or holds a validated PR visa if she sponsored you for a partner visa?

Both conditions apply only to YOUR first entry to Australia. Your wife can travel before you or you can travel with her and in order for you to meet the 8502, she simply goes through customs and immigration first. YOUR first entry must be before 31 July in the year indicated. After you have entered Australia for the first time (which activates your visa), you can both come and go as you please until your respective visa expiry dates. After those dates, your wife is still free to leave, but can only re-enter Australia as a PR if she has a Resident Return visa. The same applies to you if you have been granted a permanent visa - you will each have different visa expiry dates which will be 5 years from the date of the grant of each permanent visa. If you leave Australia whole on a temporary visa, you must return before it expires.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx resident Return visas

Both conditions apply only to YOUR first entry to Australia. Your wife can travel before you or you can travel with her and in order for you to meet the 8502, she simply goes through customs and immigration first. YOUR first entry must be before 31 July in the year indicated. After you have entered Australia for the first time (which activates your visa), you can both come and go as you please until your respective visa expiry dates. After those dates, your wife is still free to leave, but can only re-enter Australia as a PR if she has a Resident Return visa. The same applies to you if you have been granted a permanent visa - you will each have different visa expiry dates which will be 5 years from the date of the grant of each permanent visa. If you leave Australia whole on a temporary visa, you must return before it expires.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx resident Return visas

Thank you so much! And I was granted UF and 309 visa, but strangely the grant letter said "Stay For/Until: Indefinite"....

Is there no expiration date for this type of Visa?

Thanks!

Is there no expiration date for this type of Visa?

Thanks!

Not really. You either stay with your partner and are granted a permanent subclass 100 visa (which you applied for at the same time as your 309) after a couple of years or you don't qualify for the 100 because the relationship is not still intact. If the 100 was denied, you would be given a date by which you had to leave Australia.

Archived