Insurance comparison sites?

ozziepom

Can anyone recommend an online comparison site for home/life/car insurance, the likes of iSelect just seem to want to get your phone number then sell one of their limited choices (based on who gives them the most commission). I want something wholly online.

I'm looking for something like MoneySupermarket, of course it gets commission too, but seems to cover more of the market and avoids having to talk to some droid on the phone.

Cheers!

Australia does not have such a thing, most of the major insurance brands choose not to participate in comparison sites, it is nothing to do with iselect only showing the ones that give them highest commission. A very different competitive landscape to the UK. You need to do it the hard way here, one at a time more or less.

So my missus just informs me this is the company we used in the uk( checking up on me ) I get all these random emails from them and thought it was a Aussie one. So don't listen to me , I should learn to read my emails. Good advice though on play them of against each other , works in both countries. Found coles here matching others by a lot. They all legally rip you off and take your money though.

Comparethemarket do list on the website which companies they compare. Currently they have just eight for car insurance which means there are seven less places to go to individually. I remember when the comparison sites first started in the UK and there was only the one site and they only had a small number of insurance companies on then. Now there are so many comparison sites you need a comparison site to compare them all. I'm hopeful the fact that there is now a comparison site in Australia (all be it a rather limited one at present) will mean that the whole comparison site thing will start to take off and the consumer will benefit from being able to compare prices far more easily.

Archived