820 Partner Visa current processing time 12 to 15 months??

iloveaussie

That's the current wait time yes. Although tbh it's not really a biggie as you'll get work rights and so won't have to be sat just waiting the time out. If your application is good, all the info they require is submitted etc, it's just time then.

Some people get processed quicker but they don't seem to be the norm.

• 1 month later...

Hey! i lodged mine end of April, with all documents required so nothing left to hand in. only received a notification email, nothing since :( its such a shame there is such a long wait.

1 of the salons i work in is up for sale, goodness if the one i work in will be up for sale before my 457 expires! I also want to book a flight home for Christmas this year, however i am worried i may not have a job before then, an unable to leave the country on the bridging visa i will receive! :( How long have you left on your 457?

I am on a 457, applied for my 820/801 onshore Feb 11 2014 with all documents, medicals, police clearance, stat decs etc.

I received my bridging visa the next day, but only comes into play when my 457 expires.

I am now exactly waiting 4 months for the 820. I used an agent. It states 12-15 months, but people are getting them between 4-6months. Please check this link

https://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

It seems some people wait 12-15 months and others get it within a few months. everyone case is completely different, its just the luck of the draw :( I so much want to leave my current job however i cant be stuck on a bridging visa with no work rights or unable to leave the country! my current employer are disobeying by the contract and im struggling to survive on my wage. just have to play the waiting game!

• 1 year later...
Does anyone know what the currnet processing time is in Perth on the 820 onshore visa?

Thanks

I figure they are all running at 12-15 months. Could be less, could be a bit more. Don't bank on an exact timeframe as there isn't one.

Do they actually look at the application before then, I mean I have alot of time to upload documents in a couple of weeks but not now - but we have to make the application now due to a short timespan before my partner having to leave the country in a few weeks.....

Thanks

Archived