820 Visa Safest way to pay

iloveaussie

We are about to pay by credit card. When are you lodging your visa?

Postal order might be your best bet if you don't have a credit card.. Still annoying because they will charge you $20 to do that.. I know it's not much but it's all adding up!! I'm sending mine off in 2 weeks. I may have to send it without my UK police check as they have been messing me around. Hopefully I will get this certificate this time...

We are about to pay by credit card. When are you lodging your visa?

Postal order might be your best bet if you don't have a credit card.. Still annoying because they will charge you $20 to do that.. I know it's not much but it's all adding up!! I'm sending mine off in 2 weeks. I may have to send it without my UK police check as they have been messing me around. Hopefully I will get this certificate this time...

I will ill be lodging my visa on shore next week!!

Its all these papers that are driving me crazy!

im sending by post.

should I clip each separate document together? Or no clip?

also are you able to tell me if I need to add the front page of my statutory declaration? The part with how to fill the form saying form 888?

I will ill be lodging my visa on shore next week!!

Its all these papers that are driving me crazy!

im sending by post.

should I clip each separate document together? Or no clip?

also are you able to tell me if I need to add the front page of my statutory declaration? The part with how to fill the form saying form 888?

haha Yeah they are driving me insane too! I am also sending it by post onshore. don't clip them together, they don't like clips. But I did put coloured tabs at the top separating, evidence on defacto, becky's application, tysons application, proof of identity, joint finances, stat decs, personal statements, living arrangements etc... Ive put our relationship certificate at the top and put the pictures, including the passport photos in a medium sized snappy bag.

Do you mean the front page of your application? Non of my friends stat decs include the first pages and I called up to find out a while ago and they said no. But I also asked if I need to include some of the application even if it doesn't apply to me (adding children to application) and she said even if the pages are blank I still need to send all of it..

Do what you feel is right :) I wish I can read through other people's applications before I send them off. I also see some peoples getting granted within a few months! but around 3 of my friends that have done it took them around 15 months :(

good luck! and sorry I messaged back late.

Actually heres a question..

When I had my medical check they told me I'd get the results in the post. I never got them yet I called them up and they said it's not a personal check for you it's for the embassy. I know thats why I got it but it is a bit crappy that I wouldn't be able to know my results. But the lady on the phone said no news is good news.

I added my receipt from the check in with all the paperwork but wondered if thats okay? What have you done with your medical check?

iloveausie and Rebbecca, Not wanting to interfere at all, Is this the start of the application process for you both? I submitted my 820 application about 3 weeks ago online and have heard nothing yet. The reason I ask about your applications is the length of time it takes may mean any medicals and police checks will need re doing. PC's are only valid for 12 months and I'm told it's currently taking 15 months. Best advice I've been given as some of my documentation is still in UK is submit the application and wait till the case officer is assigned and asks for things that are time sensitive.

If you know other information that makes what I've said wrong please ignore me as I'm definitely not an expert and could easily be wrong. There are others allot better qualified than me on here who will certainly put us all right real soon I'm sure :laugh:

Sarah

iloveausie and Rebbecca, Not wanting to interfere at all, Is this the start of the application process for you both? I submitted my 820 application about 3 weeks ago online and have heard nothing yet. The reason I ask about your applications is the length of time it takes may mean any medicals and police checks will need re doing. PC's are only valid for 12 months and I'm told it's currently taking 15 months. Best advice I've been given as some of my documentation is still in UK is submit the application and wait till the case officer is assigned and asks for things that are time sensitive.

If you know other information that makes what I've said wrong please ignore me as I'm definitely not an expert and could easily be wrong. There are others allot better qualified than me on here who will certainly put us all right real soon I'm sure :laugh:

Sarah

I'm applying next week and I had 3 months of gathering everything and all my research. It is only 12 months that the checks are valid for. But I wont need to do another one in the UK next year. Only aus for the police and the medical again. I have also had advice and have been told that it is best to provide all the information before you submit your application to prevent you going in a que, as it wastes their time calling you (the last thing you want to do is piss of your CO). It's annoying for me to have to do twice, but it will be less hassle for them and may get you granted sooner.

Also some people don't even get a CO. I read someone got granted after 4 months. My friend provided everything and was 13 months and only did 1 check.

Glad all this gathering of the paperwork is over though!!!

Well good luck with yours :biggrin: I'm off to UK next week for the rest of my stuff and will upload it once I have it all here. They have a PC for me as I needed one last year to get my Tourist Visa but I'm expecting them to ask for another one as well as an Aussie one come November.

Wait what visa are you on now? I'm on my second working holiday visa and I was told I have to get a bvb visa every time I want to leave on the bridging visa until it is granted..?

So thats an extra $200 on top of your ticket to get back into the country..

Have fun n the UK I wish I could go home right now.

Wait what visa are you on now? I'm on my second working holiday visa and I was told I have to get a bvb visa every time I want to leave on the bridging visa until it is granted..?

So thats an extra $200 on top of your ticket to get back into the country..

Have fun n the UK I wish I could go home right now.

I have a 12 month Visitor Visa that gives me multiple entries of up to 3 months each visit. They issued a Bridging Visa A when I lodged Partner Visa application but it doesn't come into effect until August so I can leave and return as many times as I wish until then but I have to speak to Immigration on my return as entering the country cancels my Bridging Visa. I was going to get a BVB but they said I cannot apply for one as I have a VV that allows overseas travel. I was told $140 for BVB but I'm hoping not to need one :biggrin:

I will be desperate to get back 20 minutes into my flight next week but promise to say hello to UK for you :biggrin:

No it doesn't.

I wasn't going to reply to this because it could be a case of semantics but as you are a person who makes their living from HELPING people migrate to Aus I thought I would give an explanation of the rules that you clearly feel is beneath you. I don't mind being told I'm wrong if someone knows better than me but I would think that person may want to say why I'm wrong as well so everybody learns something.

Below is copied from my BVA Grant Notification

Travel overseas

This bridging visa only allows you to remain in Australia. When you leave Australia, your

bridging visa will cease.

As you are a holder of valid Short Stay (Visitor) visa that allows you to leave and return to

Australia, the department recommends that you either:

● apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B (which you can only do if you already hold a

Bridging visa A or a Bridging visa B) before you travel or

● contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia

I contacted Immigration and was told my BVA will be cancelled when I return so I need to contact my case officer in writing to have it re activated.

When I leave or when I return is semantics the point is it gets cancelled or ceases so is no longer there.

- See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/209568-820-visa-safest-way-pay-2.html#sthash.Va18TSZc.dpuf

No it doesn't.

I wasn't going to reply to this because it could be a case of semantics but as you are a person who makes their living from HELPING people migrate to Aus I thought I would give an explanation of the rules that you clearly feel is beneath you. I don't mind being told I'm wrong if someone knows better than me but I would think that person may want to say why I'm wrong as well so everybody learns something.

Below is copied from my BVA Grant Notification

Travel overseas

This bridging visa only allows you to remain in Australia. When you leave Australia, your

bridging visa will cease.

As you are a holder of valid Short Stay (Visitor) visa that allows you to leave and return to

Australia, the department recommends that you either:

● apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B (which you can only do if you already hold a

Bridging visa A or a Bridging visa B) before you travel or

● contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia

I contacted Immigration and was told my BVA will be cancelled when I return so I need to contact my case officer in writing to have it re activated.

When I leave or when I return is semantics the point is it gets cancelled or ceases so is no longer there.

- See more at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/209568-820-visa-safest-way-pay-2.html#sthash.Va18TSZc.dpuf

There are three things upon which you can rely, death, taxes and Russell getting in right. You can frequently rely on the DIBP getting it wrong.

BTW I do not make a living doing this I am 73 years old and more or less retired. I do it to put myself between clients and the DIBP.

thanks for the advice guys!

I will be putting all my papers into order tomorrow and sending onshore via courier or the safest way possible to send! there are far too many papers to apply online! I have just made the money cheque to send (now im broke!)

I have done my UK PC and Oz PC and I do understand I may have to re-do these if it takes over a year, however I think its wrong that they make you do that, it should be from lodgement!

I am currently on a 457 visa which expires Oct 2015, however I pray I get a CO or approval before then! Everything Is all so scary right now, incase I have missed out anything or done anything wrong! however I will give them all that I have and any problems they will be in touch I am sure, I'm not going to stress about anything, because I am in a legit committed relationship with my partner and have been for almost 3 years and we just want this visa to go through so we can start building a solid future :)

So I am not going to paper clip or sleeve any documents separately, I will just put papers 1 after the other

they can sort this out themselves.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

Archived