Moving back to OZ

Aggi

We are moving back to OZ at the end of this year, we previously stayed in Melbourne 18 years ago for 12 years, we came back re family. We are now going back to semi retire and will be hopefully staying in the Mornington/Safety Beach area, I hope to get a part time job as a Medical Secretary just 1/2 days a week, we have family and friends in Melbourne and they think we will get bored in Mornington, I would like to know what other people think that actually live there. I think it's a lovely place.

I don't think there is any chance of getting bored down there. Lots of lovely eateries, markets and things to do. Anyway, with the Eastern Freeway you can pop up to Melbourne if you want a shopping spree in no time. We have a lady in our Probus group who commutes up to the group ( Donvale) because she used to live up here- only about 30 minutes drive for her.

We are moving back to OZ at the end of this year, we previously stayed in Melbourne 18 years ago for 12 years, we came back re family. We are now going back to semi retire and will be hopefully staying in the Mornington/Safety Beach area, I hope to get a part time job as a Medical Secretary just 1/2 days a week, we have family and friends in Melbourne and they think we will get bored in Mornington, I would like to know what other people think that actually live there. I think it's a lovely place.

I'm not sure when you last saw it but I expect Mornington will have changed a lot in 18 years. Mornington is quite lively, especially at the weekends. Safety beach is far more sleepy, and in between is Mount Martha which I guess is a mix of the two.

BB

We have lived here for 27 years in Somerville which was a village but now is a town. Mornington is a huge area these days and has everything except Myers. Very busy these days not sleepy in any way. Lots of retired people around the area as well as young people with families.

Nothing like it was when you were here. I remember the marches they had down Main Street when they were building the new shopping centre, long forgotten now but not sure that Mornington changed for the better way too much housing for me.

The whole Peninsula has changed and with the freeways more people are choosing to live down here.

I do no like Safety Beach never have, apart from the Beach that is. Too far from shops of any significance. Too flat and the wind blows in winter with the westerly.

Thanks for that. We were actually in Mornington last September and I really liked it, I enjoy lots of shops etc as I live in Glasgow so well used to a busy life, we looked at the new Marina at Safety Beach and loved the houses there too, we will make a decision once we get there. Thanks for the kind replies

Thanks for that. We were actually in Mornington last September and I really liked it, I enjoy lots of shops etc as I live in Glasgow so well used to a busy life, we looked at the new Marina at Safety Beach and loved the houses there too, we will make a decision once we get there. Thanks for the kind replies

The new Marina at Safety Beach (called Martha Cove) does have some nice houses. Choose one on the South side rather than the North for a water view and sun. Bear in mind the developer has gone bust twice and most of the vacant blocks have been empty for years so something isn't quite right there! I think I would consider living there though if I was retired.

BB

Archived