Any ideas that can help me please?

I am returning to Sydney in May permanently and have some personal items that will not fit into my 30kg Baggage allowance. I have the dilemma of shipping them as there won't be any large items and possibly as little as 2 suitcases to send. I am not sending furniture or anything like that as my partner already has all that in Sydney.

I have received a couple of quite high quotes from shipping companies in UK and even looked at Air Freight with Emirates and Qantas. Has anybody got any ideas on who would be best and maybe cheapest option. Being as I am still in Sydney for a few more weeks before going to UK for packing it is hard to be certain just how much I will have and I am not wasting money calling UK to speak to people

Thanks for any help in advance

Sarah

I am returning to Sydney in May permanently and have some personal items that will not fit into my 30kg Baggage allowance. I have the dilemma of shipping them as there won't be any large items and possibly as little as 2 suitcases to send. I am not sending furniture or anything like that as my partner already has all that in Sydney.

I have received a couple of quite high quotes from shipping companies in UK and even looked at Air Freight with Emirates and Qantas. Has anybody got any ideas on who would be best and maybe cheapest option. Being as I am still in Sydney for a few more weeks before going to UK for packing it is hard to be certain just how much I will have and I am not wasting money calling UK to speak to people

Thanks for any help in advance

Sarah

HI Sarah, I would say if its that small an amount (2suitcases) is it not worth paying the excess luggage? Also Id be asking myself if its stuff thats imerative/worth the cost?

Sorry I cant help as I'm in the process of moving my stuff too, but we have a little more and so are using a movecube...Good Luck

HI Sarah, I would say if its that small an amount (2suitcases) is it not worth paying the excess luggage? Also Id be asking myself if its stuff thats imerative/worth the cost?

Sorry I cant help as I'm in the process of moving my stuff too, but we have a little more and so are using a movecube...Good Luck

Thanks SamDom, I get 30kgs luggage allowance plus 7kgs carry on for my flight back so until I have packed I won't know what's worth taking and what's not but I agree serious thought has to be given to what I keep weighed against replacement cost here.

Good luck packing and with your trip over here :biggrin:

Sarah

We sent with an excess luggage shipping company. Was collected 2 days before we flew, arrived the day after we landed. Only £140 or so for a large hold all weighing about 25kg. Cost wise it was fine.

We sent with an excess luggage shipping company. Was collected 2 days before we flew, arrived the day after we landed. Only £140 or so for a large hold all weighing about 25kg. Cost wise it was fine.

Thanks Snifter, Can you remember the name of the company? Was there any problems with Customs or additional costs this end please?

Archived