partner visa 309/100 getting pr help

bwatt99

Hi guys need some info i got my visa some years back before metting wife and then we applied for wife and added bub as well,she got granted the temp visa.

With my visa which was skilled and not straight forward i had an agent to deal with it as well as my wife just incase we messed them up.

I just to it for granted that what i paid for about 2 yrs ago to agent that this was to see her to end as in getting the pr,but sounds like it was only for the temp part and i need to pay again for the pr part.

Im thinking if this is correct i may do it myself or should i say wife,as im am surprised i been asked again to pay what i thought i had already paid for,how hard or easy is it to do the pr part of the partner visa,i not looked into it yet and what is asked but surely most of the work was done last time around?

What does this mean below:

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You lodge only one application for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.

You must be outside Australia when you apply and also when the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted. You can be in or outside Australia when Partner visa (subclass 100) is granted.

I am wondering is there more fees to pay to goverment for the pr side or did i already pay this when i did the temp visa part was lodged,its do i get the agent again do the rest or we do it ourself,it has been a surprise to have been asked by agent for another payment on this.

thanks

Progression from a temporary Partner visa to a permanent one is virtually automatic if the relationship is still intact. You need to provide evidence of that fact (but it's pretty straightforward) but there is nothing for an agent to do that you can't easily do yourself and nothing for you to pay to DIBP - you've already paid for the permanent visa when you applied for the 309.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/ Partner (Permanent) Calculator

I'm not sure about this next bit, but you may need to notify DIBP that you no longer want them to send communications to your agent and that you want them to communicate directly with you (actually, your wife as she is the visa holder.)

The subclass 309/100 is an application for two visas, a temporary and a permanent visa. The processing is done in two stage with the temporary application done first and the permanent application processed after approximately 2 years.

Your Agent would have lodged both application approximately two years ago. Immigration is now requesting the documents which they will requireto finalise the processing of the Permanent Residency application.

The documents will include evidence that your relationship is still genuine and ongoing and you may need to satisfy further character and health requirements depending on the specifics of your matter.

It appears that your Agent is asking whether you want to use their services to manage this final stage of the application.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont want use the agents services as i thought to be honest what we paid first stage was for completed visa,so are you saying that the agent would have lodged both applications two years ago then why does all the paper work ask for so much info,police checks etc,witnesses surely just providing some info like our proof of lease,bank stuff and a few other things like days out etc as family would be all they need?

But looking through the form it probably is very easy its just what they ask for and what they need vs if im required to need or not etc.

Some things im unsure of are:

The thing that puzzles me is the npc,from afp it says its required for visa applicant including dependents over 16 and who have lived in australia for 12 months or more since last npc,well as the agent did first part of this visa,i take we did not do a npc first time around as we lived in the uk?

And as we just came here in 1st june last year we have not been here 12 months so am puzzled if this is a requirement or not.

It also says that if we have a dependant under age of 18 as part of the application which we have as bub is part of wife's visa the sponsor which is i must also provide a npc but also says if sponsor which is i provided a clear npc at the temp visa stage of the application i will not be required to provide one,so did i do one at the temp stage of so does that mean i have to leave this or get one also.I cant remember on this and so far agent has not been willing to provide much info.

It also says:

It says about character requirement to provide an origninal overseas penal cert for any country in which we have resided cumulatively for 12 months or more since grant of the temp visa,so what is this asking for does wife already have this from first stage? would they take a copy, and would agent have this?do we apply again and how or dont need it and its just wife that needs it right?

I know she provided one from first stage of visa so its do we need to get again or not,these are probably all easy questions asked but them but we are unsure if required again and what we really need to provide to be honest.

AlsoI know i need to get two witnesses decs done on form 888,will a mate of michelle's be able to do this we have known them since arriving here in june,im sure i read 12 months should have known us,we have our cousin and aunt again but cousin is currently on holidays so running our of options.

Im taking also when we have completed our stat decs and are ready to sign,which im hoping when done online can be downloaded and printed and scanned back in that they need to be witnessed when signing,i was think i can have the same person do this as the ones doing any certified copys right?

thanks for your help.

Archived