Public housing home trashed

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

A family has trashed a public housing property in Melbourne's inner-north, leaving taxpayers with a $20,000 clean-up bill.

Eight people, including children, lived at the five-bedroom Northcote property for eight years before it was abandoned in January.

It is filthy, mould-ridden, foul smelling and littered with faeces.

northcote-property.jpg

Heaps of rubbish, furniture, household appliances and other belongings, including children's play equipment, have been dumped in the overgrown back yard.Inside the property, the carpets are dirt-ridden and gaping holes have been smashed in almost every wall and door.

northcote-trashed-home.jpg

Mould on the ceilings, skirting boards and walls has left a putrid smell emanating throughout the 15-year-old property and a layer of filth coats almost every surface.The clean-up is likely to cost at least $20,000. The tenants also owe an unpaid rent debt and have previously caused thousands of dollars of damage to another home.

Guest Guest40285

I do heaps of housing commision garden clean ups, happens all the time, last job near me there was 5 old cars in the back yard that had to be craned out, the place was done up from roof to floor new landscaped gardens only 2 years ago, tennants wrecked the joint in less than a year, bobcat filled a medium skip bin with disposable nappies that were just chucked out the bedroom window into the garden, filthy dirty bastards, I took myself off the waiting list for housing as they only seem to give them to ferals.

Guest Guest66881

I just don't get the mentality of people, why live like that and with housing shortages. When we lived in council housing back in britain we treated it like we owned it.

Some people just need a kick up the arse.

Archived