social work

shartone

hi

does anyone know of anywhere in australia that offers sponsorship for social workers from the UK? a couple of years ago there appeared to be lot's of companies offering sponsorship however now i cannot find any!

many thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes skilled migration is what I am currently looking into however trying to explore all possibilities and what would work out being the best for me. At the moment it appears to be the only way forward.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes skilled migration is what I am currently looking into however trying to explore all possibilities and what would work out being the best for me. At the moment it appears to be the only way forward.

Thanks again.

If you want to move permanently and not just work overseas for a few years, then skilled migration would surely be much better option than employer sponsorship. I certainly wouldn't look at it as a consolation prize, the visa is far superior.

hi

does anyone know of anywhere in australia that offers sponsorship for social workers from the UK? a couple of years ago there appeared to be lot's of companies offering sponsorship however now i cannot find any!

many thanks

hi,

we got state sponsorship from queensland in nov 2013 based on partners SW qualification. You need to check each OZ states shortage lists for your occupation. If its on there and you meet rest of criteria stated on the list it should be positive. Queensland were asking for three years post qual experience as their criteria at the time whereas other states wanted five years. we got a permanent visa with the only restriction that we stay in queensland for min 2 years.

hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I will explore however I had come to the conclusion that I would apply for permanent visa!!

How are you finding Australia? Which area of social work does your partner practice? are they enjoying it?

QUOTE=cuddy1;1936480994]hi,

we got state sponsorship from queensland in nov 2013 based on partners SW qualification. You need to check each OZ states shortage lists for your occupation. If its on there and you meet rest of criteria stated on the list it should be positive. Queensland were asking for three years post qual experience as their criteria at the time whereas other states wanted five years. we got a permanent visa with the only restriction that we stay in queensland for min 2 years.

hope this helps

Archived