Illawara region,what is it like?

The Cox's

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all try to justify why where we live is the best etc, but I honestly think it's more about being happy with the skin you're in. I'd be happy living in most places to be honest, we settled in Wollongong though, and have no intention of going anywhere. I've travelled most of Australia, there are some beautiful places, Lake McQuarie being one of my faves. Our good and bad experiences shape our views and no-one can argue, just give theirs in return. In short, everyone's right :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Anybody got any opinions on a good area in wollongong.

We looking for rental of $450. Were coming over with a family of 4, 2 boys aged 2 and 4. Any ideas on schools? things to do? Any advice welcome, thanks in advance pref something 10/20 mins away from the beach if possible, thanks in advance

I've lived in Wollongong and Valentine on Lake Macquarie. Neither location was really my thing, however out of the two, I much preferred Valentine. There were more facilities nearby, however, it was double the distance if you ever wanted to go to Sydney. I loved the Port Stephens area, which is further north, for water sports and loved the surf breaks off Newcastle. If you're looking for work in your industry, both Belmont Hospital and John Hunter Hospital are a short drive away.

Hey,

Anybody got any opinions on a good area in wollongong.

We looking for rental of $450. Were coming over with a family of 4, 2 boys aged 2 and 4. Any ideas on schools? things to do? Any advice welcome, thanks in advance pref something 10/20 mins away from the beach if possible, thanks in advance

450 is a realistic figure for a family rental for starters, if you've got savings stump up 3 - 6 months rent straight up if you can, gets you to the front of the queue.

Everywhere is close to the beach, which is awesome

There'll be plenty of activities for the kids, beach, clubs, loads of play parks. we started in Balgownie and live in Figtree now, love both, hopefully you'll love it too

Archived