Delay in 489 visa being granted

Pickle0406

Hi,

We was assigned a CO on 17th February, they requested one document which was submitted on 3rd March, no other documents are required. We are now affected by planning levels and our visa may not be granted until 1st July. We have been told by our agent that we are in the top priority bracket so our visa could still be granted. Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone been in this situation? We could still get our visa in the next days/weeks but do we halt our plans for moving over in the summer? Any info appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

We was assigned a CO on 17th February, they requested one document which was submitted on 3rd March, no other documents are required. We are now affected by planning levels and our visa may not be granted until 1st July. We have been told by our agent that we are in the top priority bracket so our visa could still be granted. Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone been in this situation? We could still get our visa in the next days/weeks but do we halt our plans for moving over in the summer? Any info appreciated. Thanks

I wouldn't, and I didn't, make any plans for moving until the visa is in hand. I don't understand why anyone would to be honest.

We were in the similar situation earlier. As you can see our timeline, We paid VAC 2 for my wife on 18th feb and was waiting for our visa which normally comes after few days of VAC 2 payment but our CO emailed that our visa grant will be delayed due to planning levels, but lucky for us that 2 days later we got our Visa.

Hope it helps to reduce your stress level but IMHO do not plan anything ahead, just wait for your visa to be granted, and i hope it will be coming in near future.

By the way we were granted WA SS 489!! Which visa you are getting, SS or FS and to which state?

Hi, we are WA SS 489. We paid all our fees just after Christmas and our visa was lodged on 6th January. I'm hoping our grant isn't too far away. We received the email from our CO on Friday so fingers crossed it shouldn't be too far away. They are still granting at least, they are not at cap and queue stage yet!

Archived