Mackay Anyone? Sunshine Coast anyone?

Fanya

Just to let you know we have arrived in Australia!

Bobj, picked ourselves up a beaut (think you would say) 4WD and a tent and taking a road trip up to Mackay, going to take a look at town 1770 and lots of other places along the way. Got just under two weeks. Any suggestions would be great.

Must say not too impressed with the Australian weather reports so far, they say 'intermittent showers?'. It's flipping lashing it down, torrential rain!!! However massively enjoying the adventure!

Just to let you know we have arrived in Australia!

Bobj, picked ourselves up a beaut (think you would say) 4WD and a tent and taking a road trip up to Mackay, going to take a look at town 1770 and lots of other places along the way. Got just under two weeks. Any suggestions would be great.

Must say not too impressed with the Australian weather reports so far, they say 'intermittent showers?'. It's flipping lashing it down, torrential rain!!! However massively enjoying the adventure!

Goodoh, mate. Might be a bit late, but good camping sites at Lakes Monduran (Fred Haig Dam, Gin Gin township) and Awoonga Dam (just before the T/O to Gladstone. Both dams are roughly the same size as Loch Ness.

At Rockhampton, chuck a right hand down a bit to Emu Park (At the big roundabout just before Rocky is the Tropic Of Capricorn; sadly the sign has been pulled down)

From Emu Park, head up to Yeppoon, then back to the Hwy and chuck another right hand down a bit to The Caves, One of the caves is the only place in the world where a certain type of bat lives, well, the females give birth...

From there, back to the Hwy and next stop is when you see the sea at Clairview. It has a camping ground on the beach.

From there, go to Sarina (the sugar mill processes the cane and makes ethanol, only place in Australia that does, I think) At Sarina, chuck another RHDAB and go to Sarina Beach, I wanted to retire there...From Sarina Beach, take another RHDAB to Grasstree Beach then on to Hay Point, the coal loading facility is the second biggest in the World, I believe. There is a lookout on the left. From there, Mackay...

Enjoy.

Cheers, Bobj.

Sunny coast it's got to be, why not live where other people. Like to holiday at...beaches, river at Noosa - safer for little ones, local airport for trips to Sydney etc, beautiful hinterland, great markets, live music, good schools- lots of choice of schools if you what to go private. Lived here 10 years my boys 9 and 7 now. Lots of a to do for kids, skate park, beach, biking walking, swimming clubs, soccer etc mine went to a great kindy, lots of activities and play groups too. Don't know about Mackay..check kids on the coast website for kids activities etc round the sunny coast.

Interesting Thread here.

We've been in Mackay over 2 and a half years and it's settled down to a more sustainable level now. Housing is plentiful now.

We are looking to move though and Sunny Coast, Noosa has our interest.

So, my question is, how is the job situation down there?

I keep asking this question over various areas of this site and not getting a response GAHHHH! ;)

Job situation and average wages/living costs.. all the usualy and very valuable info would be great please :)

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting Thread here.

We've been in Mackay over 2 and a half years and it's settled down to a more sustainable level now. Housing is plentiful now.

We are looking to move though and Sunny Coast, Noosa has our interest.

So, my question is, how is the job situation down there?

I keep asking this question over various areas of this site and not getting a response GAHHHH! ;)

Job situation and average wages/living costs.. all the usualy and very valuable info would be great please :)

Depends, what kind of work?