Dental/Ambo Insurance

applehead

Hi Guys

I am currently on a 457 and am living in the ACT. I'm from the UK so therefore have a recipricol medicare card.

I am currently looking into getting Dental/Optical insurance and ambo cover. Most policies I look see online I am not eligible for as I am not a permanent resident.

Does anyone know of or have any decent companies that offer this kind of cover without the need for 457 health cover? - that dont cost the earth!

Thanks in advance...

Can you get Ambulance cover from your local post office? We can here in SA - costs about $150 for a family per year. It's somethin you should definitely do if you can, whether or not you get extras cover elsewhere, as the costs without it should you need an amulance - or even if one is called for you - are huge!

I've just googled and apparently there isn't a State Ambulance plan in NSW - sorry! http://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/Media/docs/Provision%20of%20Ambulance%20Services%20FAQ_130627-ff7b7ae6-413b-4e1d-83be-74e242d734bb-0.pdf

Guest guest73691

I'm not sure if there is anything specific in ACT, but when I was looking for health insurance on a 457 there only really seemed to be the option of getting a full policy with extras. I found these policies to be significantly more expensive than equivilent policies for permanent residents (and most won't exempt you from the MLS). Even then, despite having such an expensive policy it hardly seems to cover anything - so every time I go to the dentist, optician etc I still end up out of pocket. If you don't want a full policy, then I would personally just put some money away each month to use for any dental/optical/ambulance bills.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived