Certificate 3 - Post completion

Priyanka

Hi,

I am planning to go for a certificate 3 in commercial cookery from LE cordon bleu.

I talked to an agent here in India who handles the student visa process to a lot of universities. She told me that getting a job and sponsorship is very difficult after completing certificate 3 or diploma.

Is it true ? Are the chances of getting work bleak after completing certificate 3?

Also I am applying for my PR alongside. She said that I shall not start the process for PR before I apply for student visa. That will give an impression that I am a possible immigrant and hence I would not get the student visa. Is that true? Then what would be the right time for me to apply for skillset?

Thank you for your help in advance. please let me know if anyone has correct information. It would really help me out a lot.

Thank You. What if the certificate 3 is from Le Cordon Bleu? I was reading the work sponsorships norms though. It mentions that if you have an australian qualification you need another 3 years of work experience. I was looking into temporary skilled 457 visa. I have no experience in culinary as this is something I plan to start now. The 3 year experience requirement would make it very difficult.

If that cert 3 is the same as the TAFE one I would say yes, bleak! A diploma is higher and you might have more chance. Usually here it is Cert2 ( just to prove you can read), Cert 3, Cert 4, Diploma, Pass degree, hon degree etc etc

Hi,

I am planning to go for a certificate 3 in commercial cookery from LE cordon bleu.

I talked to an agent here in India who handles the student visa process to a lot of universities. She told me that getting a job and sponsorship is very difficult after completing certificate 3 or diploma.

Is it true ? Are the chances of getting work bleak after completing certificate 3?

Also I am applying for my PR alongside. She said that I shall not start the process for PR before I apply for student visa. That will give an impression that I am a possible immigrant and hence I would not get the student visa. Is that true? Then what would be the right time for me to apply for skillset?

Thank you for your help in advance. please let me know if anyone has correct information. It would really help me out a lot.

Getting job here is not easy, but it is the same condition to everyone. Not because you only have Cer 3 or Diploma, employer wants a personnel who work hard and well.

Many students work at kitchen, but they can work 40 hours in 2 weeks, which make you hard to get a job sometimes.

Due to no more graduate visa (18 months temporary visa) for Chef/cook, getting sponsorship would be difficult I suppose as you haven't work at the place as full time. Part time and full time working condition are totally different, more responsibility required which never asked when you are part time.

However, some of our work mate got their sponsorship during student visa. so nothing "never" but you should think of plan B, C ,D ....

my one of work mate is from India. She was sponsored when she was on a student visa, so had to apply RSMS offshore. she is now waiting 20 months. Because no bridging visa issued, she applied student visa to stay here until visa grant..... Other sponsored workers are from low-risk countries and got visa after reasonable waiting period. you should think about these case too.

by the way... Le cordon bleu sound good :) you won't enjoy that much at cer 3 commercial cookery here than there....

Hey. Thanks for the response. I was having a detailed look at the 457 visa requirements which is actually the one you apply for when you get sponsored. For people from India who have an Australian qualification there is a requirement of 3 year professional work experience with the qualification and provide employer statements for the same. I do not have that.

It looks like a mandatory requirement. All these people you know have that? The information you have provided is of great help.

Hey. Thanks for the response. I was having a detailed look at the 457 visa requirements which is actually the one you apply for when you get sponsored. For people from India who have an Australian qualification there is a requirement of 3 year professional work experience with the qualification and provide employer statements for the same. I do not have that.

It looks like a mandatory requirement. All these people you know have that? The information you have provided is of great help.

I hadn't realised that rule had come in for the 457, but it came in mid last year for the rsms visa, so probably the same time. If that is the case then you will pretty much have no way of getting pr.

Maybe I am reading something wrong. I talked to a MARA agent and he told me that their is no work experience requirement with the 457. Though when I read on the website looks like I do need. Still figuring out.

I hadn't realised that rule had come in for the 457, but it came in mid last year for the rsms visa, so probably the same time. If that is the case then you will pretty much have no way of getting pr.

Archived