Staying connected to home country via mobile

Ev Ooi

Hi all, I recently moved to Australia and I have this problem bugging me much.

During this transitional period, I still maintain my home country mobile and I'm getting calls on it frequently. I don't want to take my calls selectively, but I also don't want to pay exorbitant international roaming fees.

Can anyone suggest a service that lets me receive calls on my home country mobile without the roaming charges? Some sort of international call-forwarding. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ev

Guest guest90395

If you are on an O2 contract then you can use TuGo which allows you to make and receive calls/texts using your UK allowances (when on wireless).

I'd ditch the plan and move over to an Aus one asap.

Thanks for the reply bud. I got me an Aus mobile number the moment I got here, but the amount of work involved to update all my callers (on my old mobile) about my new number is crazy.

If it's an iPhone and the callers also have an Apple product (iPhone or iPad), and you both have access to wifi, then use FaceTime.

I'm afraid I don't use an iPhone. Besides, the callers that I'm facing this problem are mostly clients, banks, agents - people that don't usually use voip in their line of work.

If you are on an O2 contract then you can use TuGo which allows you to make and receive calls/texts using your UK allowances (when on wireless).

Is it able to receive incoming calls on my home country mobile? I'm currently using a Malaysian mobile.

Archived