Excited and scared!

SKW

We finally got the date for the Citizenship ceremony - 10th April!

Now we can plan and organise our move back. I am so excited but really scared too. I know we're doing the right thing, especially as in the last couple of weeks I heard that my Dad has now been officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I know I need to go back.

How long does it take to get Aussie passports? So much to do now!

Thanks Quoll. It has been hard enough witnessing Dad's decline on Skype, so I imagine I will find it quite confronting when I see him. It's early stages but he is easily confused. I want to help care for him but we won't be living with him, I have a young son and we were planning a different area for school, but at least I will be a lot closer.

Fabulous news on the Citizenship date :) You can get a 'fast-track' passport in 7 days (if I remember rightly) - we booked our flight two weeks after citizenship, a bit nerve-wracking but was fine we got them in 5 days (again remembering rightly)

My dad has also gone down hill a lot & he was in hospital for several weeks. I am so glad to be back in the UK even if I am not that close.

So sorry to hear about your Dad SKW, that's very hard. Congratulations on getting your ceremony date and good luck with your move. My parents (and DH's Mum) have serious health issues and I know how difficult it is to be 10,000 miles away. Just being in the same country will be a huge relief for you (and me when we make the move).

Fabulous news on the Citizenship date :) You can get a 'fast-track' passport in 7 days (if I remember rightly) - we booked our flight two weeks after citizenship, a bit nerve-wracking but was fine we got them in 5 days (again remembering rightly)

My dad has also gone down hill a lot & he was in hospital for several weeks. I am so glad to be back in the UK even if I am not that close.

Really??!! I had no idea about fast tracked passports, do you just pay a bit extra for them? Do I need to ask for this at the post office? Sorry for all the questions!! I need to work out a plan for work as I work with vulnerable people so a sudden departure can be a bit traumatic, but we have time. I am so much more excited today than I was yesterday!

How long did the citizenship process take? We are still undecided about it...

We applied for the test on Nov 14th, had the test on Dec 17th and now ceremony is on 10th April. I think it depends where you are as some places have longer to wait. I am in Melbourne. Hope that helps.

So sorry to hear about your Dad SKW, that's very hard. Congratulations on getting your ceremony date and good luck with your move. My parents (and DH's Mum) have serious health issues and I know how difficult it is to be 10,000 miles away. Just being in the same country will be a huge relief for you (and me when we make the move).

Thank you for your kind words Aunt Agatha. I hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Archived