Form 80 Questions

CaptainC

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding Form 80 (providing I get asked to complete it)

The overseas travel question may be a serious problem for me as I've been working on a ship for the last 13 years and have travelled to probably 150-200 countries multiple times in that time.

Apart from holidays which I can most likely get accurate dates for, the overseas ports I've visited by ship will be nigh on impossible for me to remember where I've been let alone when.

I'm hoping that I won't get asked for Form 80 but I suspect that I might.

I would like to know if I provide a list of countries that I can remember, would this suffice?

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding Form 80 (providing I get asked to complete it)

The overseas travel question may be a serious problem for me as I've been working on a ship for the last 13 years and have travelled to probably 150-200 countries multiple times in that time.

Apart from holidays which I can most likely get accurate dates for, the overseas ports I've visited by ship will be nigh on impossible for me to remember where I've been let alone when.

I'm hoping that I won't get asked for Form 80 but I suspect that I might.

I would like to know if I provide a list of countries that I can remember, would this suffice?

Thanks

Your best bet is to call DIAC and ask for advice. I'm sure this situation will have occurred before (and no doubt regularly with people applying under the same code as you!)

I imagine if you answer to the best of your ability you will be ok. You might wish to include a letter with the P80, describing your situation.

Hi Perez,

I was thinking that I can't be the only one with this specific issue and I'm sure that they've dealt with others seafarers.

I will contact DIAC and ask their advise but like you say if I answer as best I can and attach a letter explaining why then if that's all I can do then they will probably be ok with it.

Hi xlornax,

I was thinking the same thing too, all of the stamps are dated including 17 entry stamps to Australia, but only 16 exits!!!

Odd, because I definitely left! ;-)

I could have a good guess at all of the countries but dates will be impossible!

Thanks for the help guys.

C

They are looking to see if you have spent a total of a year in any country, if you have they may well ask for police clearances for that country. Not sure how they treat the flag the ship sails under.

if you know you haven't spent more than 365 days in any one country then state that specifically along with an explanations as mentioned above and a best guess for stays of longer than two weeks.

do make sure you mention any where a stamp appears in your passport though.

Hi Rammygirl,

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for that.

I very much doubt that the vessels flag will have any bearing on police clearances. Most have been British registered anyway apart from a couple of 'Flag of Convenience' ships.

Apart from holidays and one occasion for work, that I have dates for, I haven't spent anymore than two weeks consecutively anywhere.

These posts have put my mind at rest, thanks for all your help everyone.

C

Archived