Tax Rebate when emigrating?

Guest Mrs C

Guest Mrs C

Hiya

Has anyone claimed their tax back? My accountant has never heard of a rebate if you emigrate, but my Agent mentioned it. Confused You will be ....lol Coz I am, but that is nothing new...

The accountant is going to check it out for me though! So i'll keep you posted.

April:arghh:

Guest bigjez

yes its true i read it on a thread on here so i rang my accountant and you get a percentage of you untaxable allowence if you go part way through a tax year

Guest tony and sheena

yep

we enquired at the tax office and they sent us out form p85, i think you may be able to claim for 3yrs, check back though, something on here about it quite recently.

sheena

Guest Pinhead
Hiya

Has anyone claimed their tax back? My accountant has never heard of a rebate if you emigrate, but my Agent mentioned it. Confused You will be ....lol Coz I am, but that is nothing new...

The accountant is going to check it out for me though! So i'll keep you posted.

April:arghh:

If you complete annual tax return you'll get the refund back automatically.

Guest Mrs C

Oh Hi

Thank you for your replies, I will be back in touch with my accountant tomorrow.

I love this site.......... someone always knows the answer.

April

Guest The Baggo's

We have applied for tax rebate but still waiting for any money after 5 months!!!! Apparently you can only claim from April until the date you left UK - so our accountant said???

Guest Mrs C

Hey Thanks

Hubbie has spoken to the accountant and all is under control.

Not sure how much we'll be entitled to but every little helps.

Guest WelshDebzs

Hey guys

I have the pleasure of working for HMRC in taxes.

It all depends on when you leave the UK and if you have used up all your allowances. You should complete a P85 but can complete a Tax Return and complete a non dom page this will not come with the return but you can request it on the phone .

I would put one in just in case HMRC will chase you if you owe money and you don't want credit being left on your record either lol.

By the way you can complete this yourself and not pay accountant fees on top!!!

Debzsx

Guest Mrs C

Hi Debzs,

Thank you for that information! Our Accountant is dealing with our finances anyway so might as well get him to work for his money........lol

I have sold my Business in the Uk but Hubz is keeping his going, so not sure where he will stand with regard to rebate etc?

April

Archived