ANMAC professional reference - advice please

shelz

Hello,

I'm ready to start my journey with ANMAC for a modified skills assessment then looking to apply for a 189 visa.

I have 10 yrs post grad experience which covers 3 jobs - (my current job i have been there just over 1 year 2012 - now); previous job 6 1/2 yrs (2006 - 2012); then 2 1/2 yrs the job before that(2004-2006).

I am fine with the professional reference with my current job but is only for over 1 year.

I do have a professional reference for the job i did previous to this (2006-2012) which i used for AHPRA - however it doesn't have the ANZSCO code on and isn't very detailed - the woman who did this in 2012 has now retired and i havent got her contact details - do you think ANMAC would accept this as it was accepted by AHPRA????

For the third job employment - do you think I will need a reference from this job as i will be looking to get a 189 visa eventually - do i need to evidence the whole 10 yrs basically???

Hope someone can shed some light :-)

Just want to make sure i send the correct things first time to avoid any delays :-)

You need to evidence what points you will claim for..anmac need a more detailed reference than ahpra...with the anzsco code included ..can someone else at your old wrk not do one for you...write to them wth exactly what you need

I know things have changed but I had to have 3 as well to cover 10 yrs and my earlier 2 didn't state the ANZSCO code, just had to be on headed notepaper which was fun as both 2 previous employers were no longer in operation and I had to hunt down a previous manager. They just had to be written on headed paper from their current workplace and when stated they were registered nurses

Thank you for your replies - looks like i need to start hunting people down lol - it seems so rude when i haven't seen them for years, I'm hoping for my second reference they might accept a reference without a ANZSCO code on it (i have emailed them to ask and waiting for the reply) - i wonder if i could just write it on the top of the reference or does the referree have to write it 'within' the reference??

Seems silly to be hunting people just to add in a code (for my second employer who has retired) :-/

hello! just got my letter of determination from ANMAC last week. Based on experience, they asked me to provide a reference that would cover a total of 36 months international experience or 12 months Australian experience. If you could provide them with a reference with a minimum of 36 months experience from one employer then I think you would be fine. But of course just send send as many as you can as long as it conforms with their standard. I provided two references and they just add up the number months of the two. hope this helps.

Archived