ACS processing time

centennial

Last week I have submitted my documents to ACS (Australian computer society) and it has move to stage 4 so far.

its obvious question as I can on the site, its showing 12 weeks processing time but I just wanted to get first hand experience.

Last week I have submitted my documents to ACS (Australian computer society) and it has move to stage 4 so far.

its obvious question as I can on the site, its showing 12 weeks processing time but I just wanted to get first hand experience.

Mine was > 12 weeks. I think around 15.

Do you need to sit an IELTS test to get points? If so, now is a good time.

Mine was > 12 weeks. I think around 15.

Do you need to sit an IELTS test to get points? If so, now is a good time.

I agree. Getting an IELTS now is a good idea if you are confident with the ACS result (otherwise you are throwing away a bit of money). Im waiting for my ACS at the moment, so I'm booking my IELTS in the next few days.

I've not seen any mention of ACS taking less than 12 weeks in 2014 in any of the forums that I read. So I think 12 weeks is currently what you can expect unfortunately. Of course, I hope for all of us that we get results earlier.

Yes, I've sat here for a long time waiting for the ACS decision, so 3-4 months basically. If you haven't done the IELTS, as others have said, now is a good time. I did mine last year.

I'm guessing you should hear any day now. I know ACS was closed until mid-Jan, so looks like you've had about 10 weeks of ACS time?

I'm guessing you should hear any day now. I know ACS was closed until mid-Jan, so looks like you've had about 10 weeks of ACS time?

Unfortunately, only been 9 weeks since it went to stage 4, but 13 since submitted (albeit with the Christmas break in there as you rightly say).

Mine has changed overnight from "with assessor" to "in progress". What I assume it means is that I've worked my way to the top of the pile and they are looking at it now rather than not.

Hopefully that means you will get the results soon. Good luck.

Hopefully that means you will get the results soon. Good luck.

It did. I checked my email on my phone at the train station on the way to work to discover I have my results. They have recognised my degree as a bachelors equivalent, as expected, and recognised all 14 years and 2 months of work as skilled and relevant work experience. So, maximum points for me for the EOI, should be taking 75 into the process which is good. Must get the EOI submitted before March 24th, as that's the next round of invites.

It did. I checked my email on my phone at the train station on the way to work to discover I have my results. They have recognised my degree as a bachelors equivalent, as expected, and recognised all 14 years and 2 months of work as skilled and relevant work experience. So, maximum points for me for the EOI, should be taking 75 into the process which is good. Must get the EOI submitted before March 24th, as that's the next round of invites.

Congrats! Sounds like a very strong case, so doubt you'll have any problems.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update everybody. I got the results of my ACS assessment today. It was successful! IELTS next week, then hopefully EOI in May.

I applied 22/02/2014 - so just under 8 weeks. I'm very pleased, it is a month earlier than I expected.

Congrats for your positive ACS assessment and good luck for IELTS.

By looking on other forums as well, I guess now ACS is taking around 8-9 weeks to sort out skill assessment so mine must be around the corner now.

Just to update everybody. I got the results of my ACS assessment today. It was successful! IELTS next week, then hopefully EOI in May.

I applied 22/02/2014 - so just under 8 weeks. I'm very pleased, it is a month earlier than I expected.

Nice one. Good luck with IELTS, then with the EOI. Hopefully see you in Melbourne sometime assuming both out visa's come through.

Archived