psoriasis

jen140977

Hi all, I have psoriasis on my legs, arms, scalp, torso and face. The Weather is really effective to my condition, however just wondering should bring over meds from UK, or are treatments in Oz easily available and low cost? How much can I bring from UK??

Also what is the general public approach to skin conditions in Oz? I have had very bad reactions in UK, most people think psoriasis is contagious.

Thanks, Jen

Our son has flare-ups now and again (stress related usually), the sunshine he has found to be the best treatment, so you are coming to the right place. How much medication you can bring in has been discussed on these forums a few times now, but in general you should be ok with say 6 months supply to keep you going until you sort out something here. Best get a doctors letter confirming condition and treatment and also declare at customs when entering Aus and all will be well.

Guest The Pom Queen

I have psoriasis that only flares up with stress. I use Tricortone and for a 100g tube its $19.18.

Like Keith has said try and bring over 6 months supply and I do know that you are permitted to ship medications over as long as they are for personal use and not banned in Australia, so maybe if a friend can pick up your prescriptions for you this is another way.

My oh had it and he used coaltar products and creams from the dermatologist. My friend's husband has it quite seriously and he finds living in a hot place is more helpful as he exposes his skin to the sun a lot. They live in Queensland. However that also opens up the skin cancer problems as well.

Archived