Visa 186 - problem with training benchmark

Rachs

Hi

i've been a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post. We have come up against a problem and I'm hoping someone may be able help.

We've been here in Oz on a 457 visa since November 2011 and have been getting our paperwork together to apply for PR through the transition stream, however we've just found out from my OH employer that they haven't paid the 1% of payroll costs to training for the last year.

My first question is is this something they can do now backdated? And secondly does this put our 457 visa in jeopardy?

Many thanks for reading.

Rachel

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the quick response, OH employer is making an appointment with an agent as soon as possible.

Hi, we are in the same boat here, is there any news from your agent?, I asked my agent found not satifiying answer, is paying 2% can make up the 1 year we've missed paying the trainning contribution?

Hi

i've been a long time reader of this forum but this is my first post. We have come up against a problem and I'm hoping someone may be able help.

We've been here in Oz on a 457 visa since November 2011 and have been getting our paperwork together to apply for PR through the transition stream, however we've just found out from my OH employer that they haven't paid the 1% of payroll costs to training for the last year.

My first question is is this something they can do now backdated? And secondly does this put our 457 visa in jeopardy?

Many thanks for reading.

Rachel

May I suggest that you take some independent professional advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're on the same problem. Employer forgot to comply with training benchmark for this financial year. We are gathering our documents for the transition stream. Can employer contribute 2% now for the financial year that just ended(1 July 2013 to 30 June 2014)? Employer said they are going to do this but I don't know if this is acceptable to DIBP?

Archived