Family Home for sale

Guest The Pom Queen
People of PIA, we are downsizing and have now put our current home on the market and hopefully the following link gets you to view it on realestate.com. If anyone would like any further details then please ask via this forum or pm. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-thornlands-116258991

Keith & Linda.

Keith you know I love picking on you, so can I ask why you are asking the people of Adelaide :tongue: (PIA)

It looks lovely!!! Awkward question but roughly how much would this cost?? We're moving over in September and will look to buy as soon as we can. This type of property is the 'dream' :-)

Go on one of the real estate websites (realestate.com.au or domain.com.au), put in "thornlands" (suburb this house is in), and play around with the "min and max price" search terms until the property appears or disappears.

Then add about 10% maybe, in QLD (agents will always put houses on the search engines for slightly less than they want to get attention - they shouldn't put them up for much less though, such practices are illegal in some states)

That will give you a good idea

It looks lovely!!! Awkward question but roughly how much would this cost?? We're moving over in September and will look to buy as soon as we can. This type of property is the 'dream' :-)

It is going to auction as it is a one of a kind, built to our dream! in design and requirements, the last 2 storey house to sell on the estate was $770,000, ours is a slightly bigger block, house and has a better outlook, it has a koala corridor at the front and is on the high side of the street. The estate agent we finally went with recommended the auction route and anticipates mid 800's, two other agents were at the 800 mark. Anybody who understands construction methods will appreciate the build of this over normal timber frame houses.

I wish you well with your move.

Keith

What an absolutely fabulous house. Unfortunately we suspect it is outside our budget and also a bit soon for us.

It would have been way outside our budget too when we first arrived, but I we could only have got this far in OZ (some hard work too!) could not see doing the same in UK.

Good luck with your future.

It would have been way outside our budget too when we first arrived, but I we could only have got this far in OZ (some hard work too!) could not see doing the same in UK.

Good luck with your future.

Thanks. Actually not as far above budget as we thought. We will be looking around 700 however if the exchange rate continues to work in our favour over the next 18 months who knows............ Must be a bit of a wrench to leave it I imagine. Hope you get a good price.

What's a koala corridor?:unsure:

More of an Aussie (qld anyhow) term for a nature strip with native trees. In this case it was, from history, a designated future road reserve through farm land, when it came to be developed it was the only strip with trees so the road reserve was doubled up to save the trees, whilst we have not seen a Koala we have had roo,s monitor lizards, cows, various birds. We have open paddocks out the back with horses ponies and camels too.

Archived