Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)

Danny842003

Hi,

I'll be applying for my PMV in April.

My Fiancee and I are using an agent.

Should i get medical and police checks done prior to application or wait to be asked to supply them?

Wait till asked. They are only valid for one year and your CO will ask you for them when required.

I asked this question last year but I'm asking again now its starting to get close the time I need to start collecting my evidence has anyone on here recently applied for this visa?

What question?

Plenty of people apply for the PMV. Its pretty straightforward in terms of what you need to supply with your application. Read the PDF booklet a few times, make notes, compile your supporting evidence etc and so on.

I'd only really be concerned if there was a criminal record or serious medical problems and other such things.

Ah, I checked and you are the guy who is a submariner right? If so, and you are worried about not being somewhere your CO can contact you if they need to, include this info in your application and have your email point of contact set to your partner or something?

You could do your police check a couple of weeks before you submit your application. But you'll have to wait for medical as you need a HAP number from your CO. If they know you are away at sea for 6 months from this date to that, I am sure they will be accommodating re you doing your medical earlier or later. I'd wait till you are assigned a CO and then email and enquire about all this. They may even call you to discuss. I'd wait to perhaps apply during a time when you are going to be around at least for a month or so after you lodge, to give you time to contact your CO, perhaps do your medical and anything else.

If you do medical and police check earlier on, they are only valid for a year, so if your visa is granted at the 9 month mark, you'd only have a couple of months or so to make first entry to Aus and validate your visa is all. So be prepared to get that grant and jump on a plane if need be.

What question?

Plenty of people apply for the PMV. Its pretty straightforward in terms of what you need to supply with your application. Read the PDF booklet a few times, make notes, compile your supporting evidence etc and so on.

I'd only really be concerned if there was a criminal record or serious medical problems and other such things.

I was just looking to see what other people had supplied as evidence to prove the relationship. And just to actually speak to someone who had done it really just to see if they had any heads up for me.

Hey, I applied on October 23 2013. We didn't use an agent. I front loaded my health and police checks. We just made sure all the evidence and info they asked for was sent and checked it was correct a thousand times. From what am hearing from other people on here is that it is going to be the full 8 month wait till granted, so at least we all have some kind of guideline with planning for future. Am not too worried about the police health check running out of time as soon as I get grant am booking a flight for next day if pos, got not property to sell or anything. Reached the 4 month halfway mark and still waiting.....

I was just looking to see what other people had supplied as evidence to prove the relationship. And just to actually speak to someone who had done it really just to see if they had any heads up for me.

Have you read the partner migration booklet? Section 5 has the PMV info and should cover everything for you.

The PMV isn't as full on as the partner visa so try not to worry overly.

When did you apply Sarahlouxx? Suppose we are the lucky ones not having extra stress of selling house extra, only stress I have is being away from my fella. Not taking an awful lot with me and shipping two boxes out with stuff I can't live without. Where you going when you return? Am going back to Goldcoast, hour south of Brisbane.

Oh my days, so you haven't seen him since!?! Bless you, its so hard. Time passes quickly and you will soon be there. Lots of people on here with good advice to give. We all in it together, just need to keep busy enjoy our time in cold weather as we will soon be complaining its too hot! Lol

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, I'm currently going through the process now. I submitted mine beginning of Nov 2013. CO 02 Dec. Police checks and health checks first week in Feb. Looks like there's a few of us going to Brisbane :-).

I saw someone on another board had there PMV processed in 7 months which got my hopes up. In terms of the 8 months are people going from when it was submitted and paid for or when they had the CO?

Straya Babe - it looks like I'm going to be following your application closely as you applied a month before me. Being away from my fiancee is driving me nuts!!!!!

Once I have mine through I will definitely post it as I know how bad the wait is and not knowing

Good on ya!

Gonna have my application submitted by the end of this week.

I've done the police checks already.

It would be good to hear how yours is progressing, it gives us hope to know that the wheels in the machine ARE turning, albeit slowly.

Stay positive!

Mike

Good on ya!

Gonna have my application submitted by the end of this week.

I've done the police checks already.

It would be good to hear how yours is progressing, it gives us hope to know that the wheels in the machine ARE turning, albeit slowly.

Stay positive!

Mike

Hi Mike, it is frustrating as you can't find out where you are in the system in terms of how soon or long it will be for the visa to be granted especially when you hear nothing after the medicals and police checks are done.

One thing I've just thought of is I wonder whether the email confirming the visa is sent from London or Sydney?

Archived