Nurses help!! Prof ref taking too long!!

Bouncy

Hello all!! I've been waiting for an eternity for this professional reference for anmac, after countless e mails and even seeing her face to face, she's promised to get it done and still nothing!! I'm wondering if, because this is a reference to cover 1 year at my first job 10 years ago which was within the same trust, can I get away with stating that I worked there with the dates of employment in my current employment reference and if this would be acceptable? I have the reference from my current ward sister wherei have worked for 9 years since then and she'd have no problem vouching for that employment!

The person I'm waiting on for the outstanding reference is my current matron who was the sister on my old ward, so I see her fairly regularly but she is notorious for not doing these things! I only need it as evidence of years experience for points so I can claim for maximum points! Sooooo frustrated as I have everything else ready to go!!

any advice is greatly appreciated!!

I though you only need 8 yrs out of previous 10 yrs? Failing that you could write it yourself and ask her to sign it? As long as it's on headed notepaper should be ok. I tried just HR statements but need professional references too but my employment was in 3 different sectors over 10 years

Thanks nic1171, trouble is, I had 2 years maternity so need the whole 10 years covered. Yes I think I'll have to write it myself and get her to sign!! Believe it or not, asking her for a ref was my last resort as our hr department have ignored my many requests for a employment history!! Thought the references we're going to be the easy part!!

Thanks again x

Thanks nic1171, trouble is, I had 2 years maternity so need the whole 10 years covered. Yes I think I'll have to write it myself and get her to sign!! Believe it or not, asking her for a ref was my last resort as our hr department have ignored my many requests for a employment history!! Thought the references we're going to be the easy part!!

Thanks again x

like you waited ages , i wrote mine , typed it up and atttached it to an email so they could just print / sign and post !

Thanks again x

Bouncy,

you don`t need the whole 10 years to get AHPRA registration, people get registered with far less, I think the minimum was 6 months, or a year. You will need it for the visa application though . Do you have another thing that you can claim points on - age, education? Like this, you could get the ANMAC/AHPRA rolling and apply for a visa with the points they gave you for 8 years of practice. As far as you reach the minimum number of points required, there shouldn`t be a problem getting an invitation to apply. Or walk into your boss`s office and refuse to leave until she gives you that reference :wink:.

Archived