The Compactor- does this seem a good idea?

SarahCipo

So as I'm sure a lot of you guys are doing/ have done, I'm passing the time between visa application and visa grant by researching every possible aspect of the move in minute detail.

This weeks research is focussing mainly around shipping and packing. We have already decided to go with the move cube, but now I'm looking at the best way to pack it, how I can fit the most stuff in there.

i stumbled across these:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/underbedStorage?productId=10034575

They look pretty good, what do you guys think? Is there any kind of problem with vacuum packing items? So far as customs at the other end are concerned? Or with conditions on the journey?

What at is the best way to pack for a shipping container?

As long as the items are dry, vacuum packing should be fine. We did it with our clothes and bedding and there were no problems.

We did the same, with the same result.

The packers loved it, they picked up a few vacuumed bags, dumped them into a box and said, 'bedroom done, that normally takes ages'

I think it's because vacuum packing creates the right scenario for mould to grow in, because it's plastic. When things are export wrapped it's a breathable material so slightly different.

This is more or less what id been told too. Due to the varying climate changes en route ,moisture could form and things could become mouldy.

Cal x

Archived