prison officers in oz

kaz83

i am currently working as a prison officer in the uk for almost 6 years and am interested i continuing this line of work in oz but would like to speak to serving officers in oz or an honest opinion about this job role on your turf. please get in touch all your opinions would be greatfully received.

No i'm wanting to put some research in first as the job isn't too good over here at the moment due to government cut backs and working for private company so dnt want fly across the world and find its the same for u guys

No i'm wanting to put some research in first as the job isn't too good over here at the moment due to government cut backs and working for private company so dnt want fly across the world and find its the same for u guys

You need to be Australian citizen or PR to be able to work in the public sector, without an eligible visa you won't be able to apply for a job. I have never seen international recruitmant drive for prison officers.

Guest guest90395
You need to be Australian citizen or PR to be able to work in the public sector, without an eligible visa you won't be able to apply for a job. I have never seen international recruitmant drive for prison officers.

Someone I know has a job as a prison officer here in Melbourne - but only as a casual due to it being a temp visa.

WA & QLD both state must be PR. Your husband must be secondary applicant on a the 457 visa - therefore his situation is different to the op as his visa is dependent on you having a 457 sponsor. The op can't get a job without a visa or a visa without a job.

I have the same problem trying to get in to the prison service here too...only taking permanent residents or citizens. However, GEO group (private) informed me yesterday they do offer sponsorship for the right candidate. I know they are currently recruiting in Sale, Victoria...they have a prison in queensland too

Good luck

Archived