CPA assesment completed!

in3deep

received email today morning saying assesment has been completed and has been mailed to my address

hoping it can reach by end of this week so that i can apply for the EOI on monday

hoping tt everything is fine and all my work experienced willl be recognized... it will be a anticlimax to find out that there was issues after the sent email saying "PLEASED to inform you that assesment has been completed"

I do not want to scare you but my husband received an e-mail saying "PLEASED to inform you that assessment has been completed" and it was negative when we received it. In our case, they missed to notice 3 courses and they made a correction very quickly after that but this is the standard e-mail they send regardless of the assessment outcome.

I do not want to scare you but my husband received an e-mail saying "PLEASED to inform you that assessment has been completed" and it was negative when we received it. In our case, they missed to notice 3 courses and they made a correction very quickly after that but this is the standard e-mail they send regardless of the assessment outcome.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

lets hope the reasonfor the fast turnaround for their assesment is not cause it was a straightforward rejection

Best of luck! I got rejected twice before they finally processed it and after I finally got a successful outcome they did not recognise my experience - not even my time working as an accountant in Australia! Really hoping you have more luck than I did! Please let me know how you get on.

Omg!

What was the reason for them rejecting your work experience?

Omg!

What was the reason for them rejecting your work experience?

A number of things ranging from "not a suitable level" for a senior management accounting role up to job title or weekly hours not provided - they were provided I just had issues with companies I had worked for refusing to provide anything other than their standard references. I found the whole thing such a frustration I've decided to forget about the additional experience points! The mad thing is I could get CPA membership as I'm an ACMA so I must have adequate experience by that logic alone.

Have you given up Steve or are you still trying to make the move?

Hi Abz, I've given up on CPA but not the move! As far as I can see providing we still have enough points then it shouldn't impact too much - if it does I can always revisit it in the future.

To any other accountants reading this though - I'm not being negative about CPA the majority of the issues I encountered stemmed from having 10 jobs to get references for in the North of England, South of England, South Australia and Victoria including one company who has since gone out of business.

A number of things ranging from "not a suitable level" for a senior management accounting role up to job title or weekly hours not provided - they were provided I just had issues with companies I had worked for refusing to provide anything other than their standard references. I found the whole thing such a frustration I've decided to forget about the additional experience points! The mad thing is I could get CPA membership as I'm an ACMA so I must have adequate experience by that logic alone.

Omg.. I think one of my job reference did not indicate hours n full time although i provideed payslip which should with abit.of common sense show that its a full timer salary rather den part timer salary

Omg.. I think one of my job reference did not indicate hours n full time although i provideed payslip which should with abit.of common sense show that its a full timer salary rather den part timer salary

I'd be interested to see the outcome of that. For each role I included the original email I sent to the company asking for the CPA requirements as per their website, a pre-populated table detailing the answer to each of the requirements, the email response from each company and their reference. Even where I have included the email from the company in question stating that they are unable to provide certain details that I am asking for, for example where they do not have on their system if it is a full time or part time job it has still been rejected by CPA. In addition to this a copy of my CV was included. I am at the point where there is literally nothing else I am able to do.

Have you considered a skills assessment from the Chartered Accountants body? I'm ACMA too but for some reason (I have no idea why) did mine with the CA body rather than CPA.

It's more cost but possibly worth considering.

Thanks for the idea, I never considered that mainly because of the CPA & CIMA strategic partnership.

At the moment I'm thinking of just rolling the dice with fewer points and hope for the best, it's still going to be a while before I put in the EOI anyway so I might have a think about your suggestion.

Are you in Australia now?

I'd be interested to see the outcome of that. For each role I included the original email I sent to the company asking for the CPA requirements as per their website, a pre-populated table detailing the answer to each of the requirements, the email response from each company and their reference. Even where I have included the email from the company in question stating that they are unable to provide certain details that I am asking for, for example where they do not have on their system if it is a full time or part time job it has still been rejected by CPA. In addition to this a copy of my CV was included. I am at the point where there is literally nothing else I am able to do.

i think u can try making a statutary declaration with regards to the work experiences whihc your previous company cant produce

man... now im feeling abit worried.. whether my work experience is not gonna be recognized because of a technicality such as not mentioning its full time. Wonder if the company name makes a difference cause mine is from a investment bank

i think u can try making a statutary declaration with regards to the work experiences whihc your previous company cant produce

man... now im feeling abit worried.. whether my work experience is not gonna be recognized because of a technicality such as not mentioning its full time. Wonder if the company name makes a difference cause mine is from a investment bank

I wouldn't imagine that to be the case the majority of names on my CV are FTSE100/ASX100 or global brand names. However I wouldn't be worried you can send things back to CPA who will re-review things for you, even I could do that now but after almost 5-6 months of back and forth I've decided to let it go as I am unable to get additional info from previous employers and CPA will not budge.

Where did you see information regarding the statutory declaration?

I wouldn't imagine that to be the case the majority of names on my CV are FTSE100/ASX100 or global brand names. However I wouldn't be worried you can send things back to CPA who will re-review things for you, even I could do that now but after almost 5-6 months of back and forth I've decided to let it go as I am unable to get additional info from previous employers and CPA will not budge.

Where did you see information regarding the statutory declaration?

This is what is mentionned on the ICAA website

[h=3]I cannot provide a reference from my employer as the business/company is no longer operating will you accept anything else[/h]If you are unable to provide a reference from an employer we may not be able to take that period of employment into consideration when assessing work experience.

Applicants applying for assessment within Australia are to provide the below information in a Statutory Declaration witnessed and signed by an authorised person. For a statutory declaration signatory list please check the Statutory Declaration Signatory List.

Applicants applying for assessment outside of Australia are to provide the below information in an affidavit witnessed and signed by a Public Notary within that country.

• The reason/s why you cannot provide a reference and explain in detail the nature of your employment with the ceased business/company. Also include the dates of employment/length of business

• Attach supporting third party documentation such as taxation certificates, employment contracts, payslips, and any other relevant information that verifies employment

Yes, almost 4 years in and eligible to apply for citizenship next month

I have my CPA through the alliance you mentioned

Congrats that's great news! Where did you set yourself up and how is the market for accountants?

When I was on my WHV I spent time outside of travelling in Melbourne and Adelaide working for two energy companies and I'm really looking forward to heading back out in 2015 providing everything goes well application wise.

You've got me thinking about it I think I'm going to give them a call to discuss it. Pretty sure a bit of common sense can be applied to the whole thing! Please let me know how you get on with the EOI.

Where you thinking of heading once you have a visa?

yup you are right... just some common sense is needed and always good to clarify in a call

It should be quite okay because i used stat declaration for one of my jobs as well (but i included payslips, employment contracts etc to show that i was really working there)

Im actually going to do my masters in July first in Sydney...

yup you are right... just some common sense is needed and always good to clarify in a call

It should be quite okay because i used stat declaration for one of my jobs as well (but i included payslips, employment contracts etc to show that i was really working there)

Im actually going to do my masters in July first in Sydney...

Well after speaking to them it looks like I'm going to be able to do a statutory declaration for virtually every instance where there were missing details. I'll try to dig out contracts/payslips as well as additional proof but I think it really helps that I've got part responses so it's clear I worked there.

I'd love to do a masters, that sounds really good! I'd imagine you'll have your visa wrapped up well before then?

Archived