Tradie Question for Kitchen fitters

kevin jc

Hello all

Qualified Plumber/heating engineer here but know it is a hard game to get into from the off upon arrival ( due there in may)

I also have been doing a lot of Kitchen and bathroom fits for the past few years and noticed Kitchen fitter jobs are under the cabinet maker and carpentry category.

Im just wondering if it is pretty much the same in Victoria as it is here in the UK as far as Kitchen assembly?

This is where I might sound a bit daft but is it the same as in flat packed for assembly or like Howdens ready assembled units and such or are they all bespoke built on site and that's where the carpentry skills come into it?

Like I said might be a silly question but I got a habit of asking them anyway so not going to break the trend.

Thanks for any replies!

Kev

In Brisbane there seems to be both, Bunnings (like B and Q) sell your flat packed style and then we have cabinet makers who can come out measure and make it to fit. I know a guy who got friendly with the staff at Bunnings and each time someone bought a kitchen they gave out one of his Kitchen Fitter business cards, he got quite a lot of work this way.

Cal x

Archived