Anzsco codes

cmtranter

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any nurses out there that may be in similar situation as me? My qualifications are as a registered children's nurse but since qualification I have only worked as a neonatal nurse which comes under critical care. I have to get my skills assessed under critical care nurse but then on my visa app (189) it will be based on my quals as a childrens nurse. Will this cause any problems?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I struggled with my code. I'm in endoscopy and although it comes under medical, my skills are more surgical then medical. I emailed ANMAC and they advised me. Just drop them an email and they'll help you.

Debs

Hi Debs,

Thanks for your reply. I emailed anmac, basically they said I need to have my skills assessed based on my most recent work experience. They did not elaborate further. Can i ask What you ended up doing? I noticed that you sat both academic and general ielts test, ive noticed quite a few people have done this, I was under the impression I had to just do the academic for my anmac application? May be I have read it wrong.

Thanks again

Mel.

Hi Mel , if you want to register a nurse in oz from uk , for ANMAC people sit Academic IELTs and need above 7s . However if short on visa points , you can sit general IELTs to get all above 8s if need be for visa points. this is what im doing :(

Thanks for your reply,

So if i was to get 8 or above on the academic, i wouldn't need to sit the general would i?? I do need the extra points so I guess the pressures on then!! :arghh:

Good luck with your test.

Archived